Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun is F**ked Help!!

Options
  • 26-06-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

So i was cleaning my air rifle hw97k with a bore snake.2nd time decided to add a small bit of oil.Shot it BANG smoke when i open the lever i noticed that the spring was gone!Im so f**ked!Anyone any ideas!Take it apart?What.My day cant get worse!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Took it apart was fiddling with the trigger BANG.Spring is fine now will leave it for the moment good think it was pointed in a safe direction and unloaded!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

you put oil on it when you pulled the bore snake. Its burning off the excess oil...

Relax a bit when it comes to these things and dont be panicking..

Also its best to let the fiddling to someone experienced for safety reasons.

Google Dieseling...

The spring should not have re cocked itself and when i pulled it down there was no force/pressure.Let the bore snake dry out under a light and pulled it through a few times.Alot of dirt i dont think it has been cleaned ever to be honest!The gun sounds ok still smoke coming out might go away after a few shots!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

You´re best thing is bring the gun to a gunsmith or someone who knows a lot about air rifles and have a look at it.. You´re not doing yourself any favours going at it yourself when you have little experience with them.

the smoke will be oil.. it happens for a few shots with a mod on after its been oiled. you wont got the oil off the boresnake that easily either.

Seems to sound okay now i was told the smoke will go away after a 100 pellets or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Steep the ol boresnake in some liquid clothes detergent soap and then chuck it in the washing machine for a cycle.:eek:Obviously by itself.
    Its how bore snake recommend cleaning the snake.:P

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Is that to take the oil off it or clean the dirt off it.Squeezed the snake in tissue most of the dirt came off it!Trigger is gone funny will have a look at it 2moro!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭kramxw

@1shot16
    Do not leave any oil residue in the barrel; pull dry patches through until there is no residue left. Suggest you use a Napier Airgun Pull Through Kit.

If you suspect a problem with your trigger, do not adjust unless you know what you are doing, or have somebody who does show you how; as improper adjustment may cause the rifle to fire as soon as you have cocked it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Steep the ol boresnake in some liquid clothes detergent soap and then chuck it in the washing machine for a cycle.:eek:Obviously by itself.
    Its how bore snake recommend cleaning the snake.:P

You might want to hang it up to dry with a weight hanging off it though. I washed one and it swelled up so much it wouldn't fit down the barrels any more. Soaked it again and hung it up with a weight to keep it stretched out and it was OK. It was a 12 bore one, maybe the smaller bores don't have so much swelling in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

That's a good one half cocked.I've a 12 ga one as well and it did seem a bit "tighter" after its last ;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    That's a good one half cocked.I've a 12 ga one as well and it did seem a bit "tighter" after its last ;)

Might depend on which detergent you use, I suspect the sh1te my missus buys has added conditioner in it:eek:

Okay trigger block needs replacing as it is bent and wont allow the adjustable screw to move!Block is 30 euro.Any one know a gunsmith who will do it for me for a reasonable price around laois/kilkenny!Trigger is just awful now! :(

Advertisement