Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaron Hernandez Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

What I have witnessed in the last 7 days, is pretty much unprecedented in my 31 years following the NFL.

But regardless, the Pats based their decison on principle, not money. And so they'll take the pain.

How?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

How?

How what? Are you trying to suggest that I don't know my own mind and that I must have witnessed this before?

How what? Are you trying to suggest that I don't know my own mind and that I must have witnessed this before?

What's the unprecedented part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Any reason why he didn't puy his arms through the sleeves of his t-shirt before getting cuffed?

Any reason why he didn't puy his arms through the sleeves of his t-shirt before getting cuffed?

They cuffed him first, then put the t-shirt on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

He's probably referring to previous cases that have happened over the years. Ray Lewis, OJ, Vick, Ausar Walcott etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

A bad taste joke from a titans forum

"
    I think its safe to say when he comes out of prison he wont be a Tight End anymore. He'll be a wide receiver!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Sad thing to see, especially considering the caliber of player.

To go from Top 5-ish in your position to Jail on Murder charges is a massive drop.

Really disappointing. Well done to the Patriots for making the decision quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Tebow to TE, have a ProBowl season and win the Superbowl on an End-Around and Deep throw to Brady in the EndZone ;)

Keno 92 wrote: »
    He's probably referring to previous cases that have happened over the years. Ray Lewis, OJ, Vick, Ausar Walcott etc.

No, certainly not.

• Advertisement

No, certainly not.

Wait....what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

They cuffed him first, then put the t-shirt on him.

Ah yes, that makes sense. They could have let him get dressed first though shouldn't they? He was hardly going to do a runner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

No, certainly not.

eh, i'd be fairly sure its something along those lines??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,299 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

NFL network have a live feed of the court room where Hernandez is appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Charged with murder.

confirmed murder charge.

Charged with murder.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nuts, 2 lives ruined for what was probably a moment of madness

Well there it is. Charged with murder.

What's the unprecedented part?

Never mind the fact that this has never happened to a Pats player before. But here we have a guy is being linked to the murder of a friend, blatantly destroys CCTV evidence and hands a smashed phone over to the cops. Nope, that's never happened before.

Throw in the fact that he put up such a good act last summer and sold it to all us fans. He had Robert Kraft gushing about him, when he walks into Kraft's office all tearful after signing his new contract and hands over a $50,000 cheque to Robert for his MHK's charitabkle foundation.

He then gives an amzing prsee conference about how he's a changed man, a new dad, the Pats saved him. Declares his love for Belichick and Kraft. How he owed so much to the team and how he would give everything to repay the trust and faith shown in him.

Yip, 31 years folllowing the NFL and I have never seen anything like it. I have never seen such a set of circumstance or a betrayal like this ever occurring before.

• Advertisement

Text messages read out from Hernandez to a friend. It's getting worse the more is revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Holy **** this is ****ing mad.

Well worth watching or reading a transcript.

Never mind the fact that this has never happened to a Pats player before. But here we have a guy is being linked to the murder of a friend, blatantly destroys CCTV evidence and hands a smashed phone over to the cops. Nope, that's never happened before.

Throw in the fact that he put up such a good act last summer and sold it to all us fans. He had Robert Kraft gushing about him, when he walks into Kraft's office all tearful after signing his new contract and hands over a $50,000 cheque to Robert for his MHK's charitabkle foundation.

He then gives an amzing prsee conference about how he's a changed man, a new dad, the Pats saved him. Declares his love for Belichick and Kraft. How he owed so much to the team and how he would give everything to repay the trust and faith shown in him.

Yip, 31 years folllowing the NFL and I have never seen anything like it. I have never seen such a set of circumstance or a betrayal like this ever occurring before.

I'd have thought the Ray Lewis case would have been very similar to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He has a baby daughter too. It's going to be awful for her growing up with all of this.

http://nesn.com/2012/11/aaron-hernandez-says-baby-daughter-changed-my-life-knows-he-cant-be-reckless-anymore/

He refers to her as "life changing" and says he knows he "can't be reckless any more"

I'd have thought the Ray Lewis case would have been very similar to this.

Sorry you are wrong, the circumstance and events surrounding the Ray Lewis case bear no resembelance for me to what I'm witnessing right now.

Sorry you are wrong, the circumstance and events surrounding the Ray Lewis case bear no resembelance for me to what I'm witnessing right now.

Ever arrest is unprecedented in all of the nfl, because every case will have slight differences.

View of Hernandez in court literally a minute ago.

The evidence really doesn't look good for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

Not a fan as long as you have been, but I do agree with you. This past week has been shocking and crazy.
    Ever arrest is unprecedented in all of the nfl, because every case will have slight differences.

Unsurprising response. Sorry bud, I also have never seen anything like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any source for a live transcript of what's being said in court please?

Advertisement