Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aaron Hernandez Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

Syferus wrote: »
    I have to disagree with the sentiment that this is something unprecedented, it's just the latest in a very long line of crimes and abuses by pro athletes.

Criminalty does, has and will always occur amongst athletes. But I have never seen anything as shocking as this in the NFL before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

A nice summary if you'e just logging on and don't want to read through loads of pages

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22536196/prosecution-details-what-allegedly-happened-night-odin-lloyd-died
    He's fúcked, if that info is legit.

Shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

mongoman wrote: »
    Criminalty does, has and will always occur amongst athletes. But I have never seen anything as shocking as this in the NFL before.

OJ's case was more shocking, if I'm being honest. It happened after his NFL career was over but that's neither here nor there and he was certainly a big star when it happened.

OJ's case was more shocking, if I'm being honest. It happened after his NFL career was over but that's neither here nor there

Sorry there's no comparison. O.J. simpson was out of football and retired for 15 years when his drama unfolded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

mongoman wrote: »
    Sorry there's no comparison. O.J. simpson was out of football and retired for 15 years when his drama unfolded.

That changes absolutely nothing. The only difference is a team takes a hit too, nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

How was the Ray Lewis case not as shocking? Because he wasn't friends with the person killed in that incident?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

A nice summary if you'e just logging on and don't want to read through loads of pages

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22536196/prosecution-details-what-allegedly-happened-night-odin-lloyd-died

Where are the other 2 guys? Any one of them could have pulled the trigger? All guilty as each other but its weird that there is no word on the other two and Hernandez is getting tried alone.

I can only presume they have struck a deal.

That changes absolutely nothing. The only difference is a team takes a hit too, nothing more.

Don't be ridiculous, how can you compare them. One guy was gone from the league for 15 years. The other is an active player, a rising star. And a player that was to be a core part of a teams offense for many years to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Fair play to the Pats tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Just read that cbs article. Again if true he is pretty screwed...if charged and convicted of murder its life without parole in mass. I thought the photo of him being arrested was weird. Answered the door without his shirt on and prob refused to put one on as he badass so they pulled one over his head while cuffed...Punk. Talk anout pi$$in it all away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

For those suggesting the Pats might get cap relief - won't happen.

When Darrent Williams was murdered in 2007 the Broncos didn't receive any cap relief - similarly when Sean Taylor was shot and killed the Redskins didn't get any cap relief. Both clubs had to swallow the pro-rata signing bonus payments and any bonuses the players would have earned through to the end of their contracts. If it didn't happen in those tragic cases does anyone seriously believe that the NFL will make an exception for a player cut by the Pats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It really seems like the police are convinced the Hernandez is the only shooter/killer involved. I read this report from the DA earlier, stating that Llyod was shot three times by Hernandez as he got out of the car. Hernandez then stood over him and pumped two more bullets into his chest. Head = fúcked when I read it. Is this guy an NFL star or a cold blooded Mafia hitman? http://nesn.com/2013/06/aaron-hernandez-live-blog/

This guy was one of my favourite players, destined to be a TE superstar for years to come. A new dad, big contract, had it all. And now he allegedly gunned down a friend because he píssed him off. To say my head is spinning an understatement

That's right, I only got 2 of those 5 charges though..

1) Unlawful possession of a firearm.
    2) Possession of a large capacity firearm.
    3) ?
    4) ?
    5) ?

Just saw the full charge sheet against Hernandez.

Charge : Counts
    First degree murder: 1

Carrying a firearm without a license: 1

Possession of a large capacity firearm: 2

Possession of a firearm without a FID ( Firearm Identification card): 2

That's the six charges in total we spoke about earlier.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Just saw this pic online. Guns aren't cool Aaron!

BNuDROsCQAA5VgY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

How was the Ray Lewis case not as shocking? Because he wasn't friends with the person killed in that incident?

He was at worst accessory to murder. It's not thought Lewis actually committed the murder but didn't cooperate with police and refused to testify against his friend. That would be the difference.

Just saw this pic online. Guns aren't cool Aaron!

BNuDROsCQAA5VgY.jpg

And the story associated with that pic.....
    Aaron Hernandez was locked and loaded 4 years before his current alleged murder predicament ... and he made sure to capture the gun-toting moment on camera.

TMZ has obtained this photo ... showing a 19-year-old Aaron brandishing a Glock handgun for a selfie iPhone pic. You can see a magazine inserted into the gun, but it's unclear if it was loaded.

We've learned the pic was taken in Gainesville, Florida in 2009 ... the same time Hernandez was playing football for the University of Florida.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

hernandezhearingthreaj6des.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Gronkastic

^ ^ ^

Maybe if you read the posts, you might find it easier to follow.

I wouldn't be surprised if the two guys with Aaron turned on him.

Lirange wrote: »
    He was at worst accessory to murder. It's not thought Lewis actually committed the murder but didn't cooperate with police and refused to testify against his friend. That would be the difference.

Pretty sure it wasn't known when he it happened and he was originally charged. Getting rid of his suit didn't help his situation either.

For those suggesting the Pats might get cap relief - won't happen.

I wouldn't be so sure about that...
    By releasing Hernandez on Wednesday, the Patriots appear to have waived all rights to recoup any bonus money or salary through the CBA.

One other factor to consider: A club can recover bonus money and avoid a cap hit if a player violates one of the league's personal conduct policies or defaults on contract language.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4744788/cap-implications-of-cutting-hernandez

Personally, I don't care because it's not about the money. Releasing him was just the right thing to do.

• Advertisement

Lirange wrote: »

Ray Lewis was initially arrested on Murder charges and not given bail just like Hernandez. He got off on obstruction of justice charges, could happen to Hernandez too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/26/ray-lewis-initially-was-held-without-bail-too/

Funny how time and the charade that Lewis puts on as a god fearing and god loving man covers up for the fact that he is in fact just a scumbag who should be in prison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I wouldn't be surprised if the two guys with Aaron turned on him.

How they have barely been mentioned at all is quite strange. It's a possibility that they have both implicated Aaron and will turn states witness.

Hazys wrote: »
    Ray Lewis was initially arrested on Murder charges and not given bail just like Hernandez. He got off on obstruction of justice charges, could happen to Hernandez too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/26/ray-lewis-initially-was-held-without-bail-too/

Funny how time and the charade that Lewis puts on as a god fearing and god loving man covers up for the fact that he is in fact just a scumbag who should be in prison.

But he shouldn't be. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 preeti222

Will this affect brady ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

preeti222 wrote: »
    Will this affect brady ?

Of course .. Why would it not ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Of course .. Why would it not ?

Will it affect him mentally or physically no it will not. Will it affect his options on the field yes it will. With all the Pats players the shock of all these events will pass long before they enter camp and they will move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hazys wrote: »

For the millionth time on this forum, Lewis was found innocent of more serious charges and was instead found guilty of obstruction of justice by a court of law. People can argue all they want, but that is a fact. The prosecution were unable to produce anything but circumstantial evidence and the only witness who testified that Lewis attacked anyone was a convicted criminal.

preeti222 wrote: »
    Will this affect brady ?

Your welcome over to the Pats thread because we've kinda discussed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Paully D wrote: »
    For the millionth time on this forum, Lewis was found innocent of more serious charges and was instead found guilty of obstruction of justice by a court of law. People can argue all they want, but that is a fact. The prosecution were unable to produce anything but circumstantial evidence and the only witness who testified that Lewis attacked anyone was a convicted criminal.

Wait, I thought he pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice and had the murder charges dropped??? I thought the prosecution case was weak but that's still along way from being found guilty or not guilty.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »

Ya because the court of law has a 100% strike. Less than 60% of all murders in the US result in a conviction (and even at that how many of the 60% are fully solved). So the court of law is far from a fact. If you believe that, then you believe OJ never murdered anybody and Al Capone was a misunderstood business man who was bad at accounting.

If he's innocent, why did he destroy the suit? why hasn't he come out and told us what happened that night? Why did he pay off the family?

Till i get those answers, he's a scumbag in my eyes.

Advertisement