Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mole removal in Waterford

Options
  • 26-06-2013 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hey folks,

I have a small mole on my face that I want removed and I'm just wondering if anyone here has gotten one removed in the city and who would they recommend?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nas10

wendydoll wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I have a small mole on my face that I want removed and I'm just wondering if anyone here has gotten one removed in the city and who would they recommend?

Dr Enda Sheehan in Mayor's walk is very tidy at that. I haven't got it done myself but two family members have and he did a perfect job. I am not sure who does it in the Keogh practice but I know Dr Slattery used to do it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Most doctors do it. Whether or not you scar or leave a mark generally depends on your skin type (or something like that, can't recall the exact term).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

There is now a small skin lesion clinic in WRH with its own newly appointed consultant. A GP referral to her will have you sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Sully wrote: »
    Most doctors do it. Whether or not you scar or leave a mark generally depends on your skin type (or something like that, can't recall the exact term).

My own GP does it but a woman in work got a tiny one removed by him and he did a horrific job stitching the wound back up. She was left with this terrible bumpy scar and told me to stay clear of him.

I hate my little mole and I could live with a scar but I would be cracking if I was left the way she was.
    TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    There is now a small skin lesion clinic in WRH with its own newly appointed consultant. A GP referral to her will have you sorted

Didn't know that. I wonder if there's a waiting list to see her and get it done. I'd like to have it gone before the end of the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

How much does it cost per mole? Or will they remove several on one session at same price?

..Brian.. wrote: »
    How much does it cost per mole? Or will they remove several on one session at same price?

I'd assume they would remove more in one sitting. I only have the one mole and one place quoted me between 100-150 (that was without health insurance).

I was thinking Dr. Brenner. I might go to a few places for a consultation and see who I feel comfortable with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Caddyshack came to mind seeing this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ollie vokenz

Hi Wendy, I'm in a similar situation myself now and was curious as to how you got on? Was there any significant scarring? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

I got it done with Dr. Brenner in her Facework clinic in Willamstown. Couldn't fault her.I have no idea of the cost, my health insurance covered it.

My mole was quite small and flat so she "shaved" it off but it had a deep root so skin where the mole was is still a slightly different colour, but it has faded over the last number of months and is no way as noticeable as the mole itself. My other option was to get it cut out and my skin stitched up, something that really didn't interest me. I have terrible healing skin so I didn't want to run the risk of being left with a scar instead of a little mole especially as it was on my face.

Maybe go for a consultation and take it from there. Don't rush you decision and ask yourself does it really bother you that much to remove it. Truthfully mine didn't but sure what's done is done :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement