Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on Connected Career Mode?

Options
  • 26-06-2013 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

I never got to even play through a season, so I'm just wondering what you lads who have played through multiple years of Connected Careers think of the feature?

Was it possible to build up the weaker teams and/or tough to maintain a stronghold with the better teams that were in cap trouble or full of older players? How easy was it to mould the team into a style you wanted? For example, if you took over a power running team but preferred to play through the air.

Has your team changed much over the (almost) three seasons you have played? Did you have to let many players go that you really wanted to keep because of the salary cap?

What would you like to see improved on or brought in for the coming edition of Madden?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully its pretty good, its not without its flaws though.

To give you an example on the PFL as the Raiders I big for Sherman
    4 year deal 5 million a year with 4 million per year guaranteed.
    Packers bid
    4 year deal 4 million a year 1 million per year guaranteed.

He chose the Packers!

I also big for some FAs that no one else big for and gave them 75% guaranteed, they didnt sign. In reality the first situation might happen but the second most certainly wouldnt.

But overall it was good and looking forward to Connected Franchise

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Paully D wrote: »
    I never got to even play through a season, so I'm just wondering what you lads who have played through multiple years of Connected Careers think of the feature?

Was it possible to build up the weaker teams and/or tough to maintain a stronghold with the better teams that were in cap trouble or full of older players? How easy was it to mould the team into a style you wanted? For example, if you took over a power running team but preferred to play through the air.

Has your team changed much over the (almost) three seasons you have played? Did you have to let many players go that you really wanted to keep because of the salary cap?

What would you like to see improved on or brought in for the coming edition of Madden?

My Jags team is completely beast now, so building a team up from a crap roster to a contender has been fun.

Off Season free agent signings seem to be the worst aspect of it for me. You can't check anything other than OVR rating, and a lot of the time that is wrong. What's the fecking point in that? Also it seems to be totally random how they pick teams, in the Xpress I had the browns and offered Kurt Warner 3 mil more to come to a team with 1 QB on the roster, instead he accepted less to go and compete with 3 other QB's at a CPU controlled team that went 1-15 the year previous, my Browns went 12-4.

I love the mode as a whole though, the draft in particular is very good now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah i think the draft and scouting has been a big improvement tbh and the off season as a whole is very good now

Advertisement