Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile payment gateways

Options
  • 26-06-2013 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi, I am enquiring about mobile payment gateways for a website, where a user can text a number to place an advertisement or for other reasons. I have heard of Boxpay, and on a google search, several pop up. Do anyone know personally of any company that offers this service in Ireland? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Paypal!

Frankly unless you are taking in substantial sales on mobile, use paypal.

Stripe is a new kid on the block (the 2 Irish guys from limerick) and could be an option - Paypal have invested heavily in stripe (suppose best to partner with the competition)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

backtobass wrote: »
    Hi, I am enquiring about mobile payment gateways for a website, where a user can text a number to place an advertisement or for other reasons. I have heard of Boxpay, and on a google search, several pop up. Do anyone know personally of any company that offers this service in Ireland? Thanks

http://zamano.com may work in this space.

Thing to know here is that of the €1 that the user is charged the gubmint take VAT first. The remainder is split between the mobile operator, the payment provider and you. Long time since I looked but out of that Euro as I remember the split is something like this:
    • Revenue - 23c
    • Mobile Operator - 31c
    • You - 31c
    • Payment provider - 15c

bango.com/ may also be worth a look.

Advertisement