Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan for college?

Options
  • 26-06-2013 4:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a loan, to cover your collage fees for the 4 years your studying, and start paying back when you start working. ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Is it possible to get a loan, to cover your collage fees for the 4 years your studying, and start paying back when you start working. ?

What age are you?
    Have you looked into btea or susi for a grant?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Scortho wrote: »
    What age are you?
    Have you looked into btea or susi for a grant?

I'm not going to college until sep 2014.
    In 17 and heading into 6tg Year.
    It's just for future reference as its costly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

I'm not going to college until sep 2014.
    In 17 and heading into 6tg Year.
    It's just for future reference as its costly.

Im working at weekends to put me through college. Pays reg fees, transport, food and socializing.
    Most of my classmates would either be on a grant, or get financial help from parents.
    If your parents income is below certain thresholds you'll get a grant and wont have to pay the registration fee either.
    http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp7232/maintenance-grant/index.html

I dont know of banks giving massive loans to students (as their is little security).
    However pharmacy students along with dentistry and medicine students in trinity can get a loan that isnt offered to other students on campus. I think its up to 2000 or so and you dont pay back until the end of the degree.

You may be able to get a larger loan than this, but you would need a parent to go guarantor.

Advertisement