Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting mains water into a house??

• 26-06-2013 5:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

My mains water comes in down the side of my house,underneath the garden patio and then up into the kitchen.

How does mains water get connected through a wall into a house??

Does the builder/plumber bring the black hydrodare pipe in underground through the wall into the kitchen and then mate it to the copper piping??

Or does the copper piping come out through the kitchen wall to meet up with the Hydrodare outside??

Curious to know how its done.

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Normally black pipe comes in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Normally black pipe comes in.

Can I ask you what diameter the hydrodare and copper pipe would for the mains water in a domestic house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

paddy147 wrote: »
    Can I ask you what diameter the hydrodare and copper pipe would for the mains water in a domestic house?

Usually 1/2" heavy gauge pipe is used but 3/4" may also be used.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

How deep down below ground would the hydrodare actually come into the house through the wall?

Am I right to think that the hydrodare would come up from underground through the wall and into the kitchen at an angle??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

paddy147 wrote: »
    How deep down below ground would the hydrodare actually come into the house through the wall?

Am I right to think that the hydrodare would come up from underground through the wall and into the kitchen at an angle??

The hydrodare should be 1/2heavy gauge and it should be at a dept of at least 18ins below ground level in an ideal world but not many would be at this dept.The pipe runs from the meter position on the road to the kitchen sink there is no real set route for this

• Advertisement
Advertisement