Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

astec sensors

Options
  • 26-06-2013 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi. Does anyone have a few astec sensors left, or know of anyone who has.
    The roller blind slipped and demolished one on a bedroom window. I used to get them from the manufacturer, but they are gone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

tyney wrote: »
    The roller blind slipped and demolished one on a bedroom window. I used to get them from the manufacturer, but they are gone?

A global sensor can be used to replace the Astec sensors.
    If it has a reed then you need a resistor (680 OHMs) wired across the reed for this part to work.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

tyney wrote: »

I might have a few, are you looking for white or brown?
    Are you using sensors with contacts or just inertia sensors.
    If its just sensors no resistors are required on a global sensor, other than the existing end of line.
    If your using contacts as well its a 680ohm resistor , as Altor said.
    I've tons of those as well if your stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tyney

Looking for white ones. They are contact and shock. Are the global sensors easily got, and are they 2 wire?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Only have white contacts left I'm afraid , but global sensors are available in all suppliers. You use 2 wires and series in the alarm sensor ,alarm contact & tampers on the one pair. The only difference is you wire a 680ohm resistor across each contact.

So the resistor is in parallel with the sensor and contact?

• Advertisement

No, just across the contact.

Excellent, I'll give that a go tomorrow. Thanks for your help. I think I'll plan to change them all. The astec ones are terrible flaky as they get older.

That they are. Much easier to find the faulty one now though.;)
    If you need any of those resistors give me a shout.

I think I have enough lying around here to make up that impedance. Just have to look up the colour chart.

No bother.
    Have 1000s of them if you need any.

• Advertisement
Advertisement