Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roschoill - break ins

Options
  • 26-06-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Anyone hear of some break ins in Roschoill recently? So far I've heard of four, all daytime break ins.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Droguser

i have heard of four too down the back part near the train line, the times i heard were 3-4am...

is this the same area you are talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Con41

Yes, same area and same houses.

I heard it was in the afternoon, could be wrong though.

Any idea how they got in?

no idea, havent heard much detail i heard it was early am, but not sure how accurate that is..

there was one last year same area, and they went in through the front door.

Thanks Droguser.

Good business for locksmiths, I've seen 2 companies in the estate recently.

best to get locks upgraded, and some sort of cctv.

works as a deterrent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Droguser wrote: »
    best to get locks upgraded,
    Locks only keep honest people out.

I've heard of a few burglaries lately in the middle of the day where they just put a rock through the patio door, makes very little noise as the glass is toughened. I think monitored CCTV is the way to go but most expensive too (though not as much as you might think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Best deterrent is a big dog.

I heard they broke the lock on the front door, very easy to do if you know what you're doing. You have to make your house more difficult to break in than your neighbours, sad but true.

Big dog does appear to be the answer, but they're robbing pedigree dogs too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Best deterrent is a big dog.

Another myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Haven't heard anything, seen any locksmith's or Gardai, and I'm in that part of Roschoill.

Usually someone home during the day. Our dog sounds like a very big dog, but she pales in to insignificance to the animal next door - when that barks it sounds like the world is about to end! They both set each other off as well, and it won't be long until the dog on the other side joins in.

We've also had the front door replaced from the original one. Got the one we have as it looked nice, turned out it's a very high security one and more or less bomb proof, so good luck getting through that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement