Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places that do disc repair?

• 26-06-2013 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭

What shops will do a cleaning/repairing service for discs? Specifically XBOX (original) discs?
    I was hoping someone could confirm if the gamestop in Galway or maybe PC World did this? I'm pretty new to consoles so don't really know what to do with scratched/error discs.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Gamestop used to do it but I don't know if they still do though
    there are devices out there for fixing them like Skip Doctor

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think CEX or Smyths might do it. Gamestop won;t do it or at least the ones I've been to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

An independent video store might do a service like that, I know I have seen it down south here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Smyths used to do it - worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

If you're in the city, Electronic Partner on Eglinton Street do all sorts of computer & gaming repairs so worth checking there. Don't know if they do disks but a repair place probably your best bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

the old mr sheen trick didn't work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

There's a user/regular in the Console Modding forum, JustRyan, who was doing this for a while, might be worth sending him a pm & see if he still offers it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

contact the game publisher, for like €10 they will send u a new game, takes a couple of weeks tho, i did it with a game few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

BizzyC wrote: »
    the old mr sheen trick didn't work?

Funny enough I seem to have fixed it. I used a trick my mother uses for scratched D.V.D's and smear a wee bit of toothpaste on it, rub it around and wash it off. done. I can snowboard down mountains in style again! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,316 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Funny enough I seem to have fixed it. I used a trick my mother uses for scratched D.V.D's and smear a wee bit of toothpaste on it, rub it around and wash it off. done. I can snowboard down mountains in style again! :D
    On a disc?!? You must have some seriously tiny feet!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I'm just that good :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Always worked a treat for me! My Call of Duty 4 disk is in bits at this stage. Whenever it gives me hassle, I just put some toothpaste on it and wash it off. Works a charm.
    I bought a repair kit off ebay a few years back that worked great come to think of it. Cost 10 quid. I stood on it by a mistake though. Might be worth keeping it out if the toothpaste stops working all of a sudden.

Advertisement