Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is iOS 7 an end to jailbreaking for you?

• 26-06-2013 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭

Can't see any point in myself jailbreaking ever again, even from this beta. Got pretty much what I need now.

iOS 7 vs Jailbreaking 30 votes

iOS 7 gives me pretty much what I want.
    0% 0 votes
    There's still some tweaks worth jailbreaking for.
    46% 14 votes
    Never jailbreak.
    53% 16 votes

Comments

Have they added in SMS delivery reports? I assume not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Last.fm scrobbling (without having to use a different app to play music, tyvm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Still can't change default apps. What I'd really love to see though is 3rd party keyboards like swype on Android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Have to say, I like the promotional video. It seems like an intuitive progression on iOS 6 anyway. As for jailbreaking, well we'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Dudda wrote: »
    Still can't change default apps. What I'd really love to see though is 3rd party keyboards like swype on Android.

agreed..I'd love if swiftkey came to ios..
    Also love scrollingdock on cydia and pdanet.net for tethering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Il still jailbreak if its available, im not aware of apps in apple store that allow you to password lock any app you like, i use iprotect from cydia

Also i love bitesms, stock ios still has no quick reply function i assume?

Ive a few others i like so il continue to jailbreak if its possible

Also i love bitesms, stock ios still has no quick reply function i assume?

While it is handy, I'd consider quick reply to be a security issue due to the fact that you can use chargeable functions without having to unlock the phone. I don't know if this is the reason it hasn't been implemented but it could easily be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Gave up jailbreaking on iOS 6. As the question says, it's only the odd tweak you get from a jailbreak now and there'll be even less reason to do so with iOS 7. Initially there were some essential features missing from iOS that made jailbreaking a real enhancement but that's no longer the case IMO. The only real reason I can see for jailbreaking now is for 'free' apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I won't be giving up. There seem to be some issues like offering choice of keyboard that apple won't budge on. Also apps like xbmc that allow much greater media streaming capabilities ,that would be a tough one to give up for me.

Really Jailbreaking may well fall off in the next few years but to date a lot of the really innovative stuff has come from the JB community. I'm sure there'll continue to be more tweaks we don't know we need yet if the developers stay interested. The guy who made the last JB ,pod2g, is saying he might be going to change to android though. People like that will be a big loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

i do like the option to try apps before i buy

apart from that, most tweaks i use are just gimmicks (eg. 5 icon dock/column, activator, winterboard)

i wouldnt miss them

sbsettings is useful and will be replaced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

haven't jailbroken since I bought the original iPhone on launch day in the States. Don't see any reason to now with iOS 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Imagine I'll still JB. Like to be able to customize the look of my phone & generally just mess about with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What are the newest features of iOS7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I never really got the whole appeal of customising an iPhone with Jailbreaking. From my experience, it was fun to play around with things but after a while the novelty wore off, and felt myself wanting to revert back to the original settings. But there is defo some things there to worth Jailbreaking for between Emulators and Torrenting Apps. For those kind of bits, I don't think Jailbreaking has seen its end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

It's a tough one. I might hold off installing ios7 until there's mention of a jailbreak. There're just a few too many tweaks that I'd hate to lose. Ios7 looks like a great step forward though. I'll probably cave in and install it straight away :D

Advertisement