Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robberies and high speed car chase yesterday

Options
  • 26-06-2013 8:20pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was listing to South East Radio News today and the main story was...

4 Dublin people were arrested yesterday after series of robberies in Ferns and in Enniscorthy and when these people were confronted by the Gardai a high speed car chase out of Enniscorthy resulted with a Garda car ending up been crashed at Brownswood. The 4 were arrested and brought to 2 Garda stations and charges IF ANY are been prepared for the prosecution.

Now what i would like to know is how come these 4 done what they did and the law can come out with these words charges IF ANY.
    Its scumbags like this that will get away with these crimes and be free to do it all again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Navarre wrote: »

4 Dublin people were arrested yesterday after series of robberies in Ferns and in Enniscorthy and when these people were confronted by the Gardai a high speed car chase out of Enniscorthy resulted with a Garda car ending up been crashed at Brownswood. The 4 were arrested and brought to 2 Garda stations and charges IF ANY are been prepared for the prosecution.

Now what i would like to know is how come these 4 done what they did and the law can come out with these words charges IF ANY.
    Its scumbags like this that will get away with these crimes and be free to do it all again.

And it costs the economy a fortune in dealing with criminals, monies that could be spent on things like improving education and hospital treatments.

Then there is the wider damage they do to the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I wonder about the "4 Dublin people" bit.

Are they 4 Dublin people, or 4 people from Dublin I wonder?

South East Radio, like the Wexford rag newspapers, tend not to hide their bias against people that live in Dublin, whether they be Dubs or not.

Who said the words "if any" ?? surely if they've committed a crime they'll be charged with same.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

vicwatson wrote: »
    I wonder about the "4 Dublin people" bit.

Are they 4 Dublin people, or 4 people from Dublin I wonder?

I wonder that also
    South East Radio, like the Wexford rag newspapers, tend not to hide their bias against people that live in Dublin, whether they be Dubs or not.

Who said the words "if any" ?? surely if they've committed a crime they'll be charged with same.

It was on the news at 10am. Jimmy Gahan read it out and the words IF ANY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Definitely heard "if any". Maybe they're former bank directors, immune from prosecution but hopefully the intention is to overshoot delivery to Mountjoy Jail and just drown the fcukers in the Royal Canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Four teenagers,two boys and two girls were involved so charges may or may not be brought against some of them depending on their involvment in the crimes I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

That's what's wrong in our society.
    These 4 regardless of age or whether they were only sitting in the car or were the main instigator should be sent to st Pats if underage or the Joy if right age.
    At the end of the day properties were robbed in Ferns and Enniscorthy the law was broke with a high speed chase a Garda could have been killed when a patrol car was crashed. So there is no way that any of these 4 can say sure I only went for a spin.
    And you can also bet that these 4 will get free legal aid.

Did anyone see the video on YouTube or FB of the 4 teenagers out for a walk in Wexford that couldn't pass a persons front gate without stealing from the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

These 4 regardless of age or whether they were only sitting in the car or were the main instigator should be sent to st Pats if underage or the Joy if right age.
    At the end of the day properties were robbed in Ferns and Enniscorthy the law was broke with a high speed chase a Garda could have been killed when a patrol car was crashed. So there is no way that any of these 4 can say sure I only went for a spin.

Kangaroo courts eh?!
    Did anyone see the video on YouTube or FB of the 4 teenagers out for a walk in Wexford that couldn't pass a persons front gate without stealing from the car.

No, linky?

vicwatson wrote: »

Kangaroo courts eh?!

No, linky?

More like Crown court with Judge Judy.

Google Wexford Robbery 20th June 2013

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

In Ireland, your innocent until proven guilty in a court of law, just the radio station covering themselves against a claim. DPP will decide if any charges are there , if so will go to court where they will be found guilty or not guilty until then there innocent so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

TWO MEN ARE due in court after Gardaí seized anti-anxiety drugs worth an estimated €500,000 during a search of a van in Wexford.
    The drugs were discovered when Gardaí stopped a van on the N25 at Barntown on Friday afternoon and carried out a search.
    A large number of Xanax tablets, which are used to treat anxiety disorders, were found in the van.

Two men – one in his 50s and the other in his 20s – were arrested at the scene and detained at Wexford Garda Station

Not a robbery as such , but high-speed car chase involved including police helicopter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Not a robbery as such , but high-speed car chase involved including police helicopter

Was down around there yesterday and was wondering what the chopper was up to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... These 4 regardless of age or whether they were only sitting in the car or were the main instigator should be sent to st Pats if underage or the Joy if right age...
    No gathering of evidence, no presentation of a book of evidence to the DPP, no trial in front of a jury of their peers?

Thankfully you don't run the Dept of Justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

mathepac wrote: »
    No gathering of evidence, no presentation of a book of evidence to the DPP, no trial in front of a jury of their peers?

Thankfully you don't run the Dept of Justice.

Pity he doesn't as we might get some law and order instead of the present anarchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

effin Dubs

effin Dubs

Not this weekend. They are the mighty Dubs for beating Kilkenny.

Advertisement