Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem uploading files with gmail.

Options
  • 26-06-2013 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

Tried to e-mail 2 .pdf files with gmail earlier (on firefox).
    The first one uploaded properly. The second kept failing.

Logged in with Chrome. Neither uploaded.
    Tried IE. Same thing.

Anyone else having this problem?

Cleared the cache. Restarted the router. Still nothing.

Both files are 1.5 MB. They're invoices, so the size only changes by a few KB each time, but I've never had this problem before.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I think GMail uses Flash for the upload feature, is your version of flash up to date?

Nick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Try using google chrome.
    It's builtt for gmail ect.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try using google chrome.
    It's builtt for gmail ect.

It should work fine in Firefox, ironically I had issues with Gmail even in Chrome when I tried to switch. Not to mention Chrome being unable to render some "Google Web Fonts" correctly where all other browsers do (yes including IE), but that's a rant for another thread :)

Nick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

yoyo wrote: »
    It should work fine in Firefox, ironically I had issues with Gmail even in Chrome when I tried to switch. Not to mention Chrome being unable to render some "Google Web Fonts" correctly where all other browsers do (yes including IE), but that's a rant for another thread :)

Nick

It should yes but it isn't.

Advertisement