Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet cuts out constantly

• 26-06-2013 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Been having problems with my Internet recently, at first I thought it was throttling and looked past it but now it's just irritating. When I play games online and talk on skype or teamspeak to my friends they always cut out and so does my game, I have good pings to the servers and good download speeds. I use Powerlines and I'm starting to think its them as others in the house have constant connection. Any troubleshoots?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Have you tried using tracert to see if the disconnect is local or remote. I've had trouble with power plug adaptors before too sure to interference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Have you tried using tracert to see if the disconnect is local or remote. I've had trouble with power plug adaptors before too sure to interference.

Well I've just moved it downstairs and has it plugged in via ethernet cable to modem and no problem so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

simon360 wrote: »
    Well I've just moved it downstairs and has it plugged in via ethernet cable to modem and no problem so far.

What homeplugs are you using?

red_bairn wrote: »
    What homeplugs are you using?

Belkin 500mbps. Just one pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How old is your house, and is there only one fuse board in your house?

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    How old is your house, and is there only one fuse board in your house?

Ah my house is fairly old now. One of the oldest on the road, from about 1930/40's I had to use homeplugs as the wifi connection I got upstairs was only 2 or 3 bars. As far as I know there is only 1 fuse board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

simon360 wrote: »
    Ah my house is fairly old now. One of the oldest on the road, from about 1930/40's I had to use homeplugs as the wifi connection I got upstairs was only 2 or 3 bars. As far as I know there is only 1 fuse board.

It could be the internal wiring. Have you tested them in a friends house?

red_bairn wrote: »
    It could be the internal wiring. Have you tested them in a friends house?

I will do now that you say it. I'll get back to ye tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

have you checked that your DSL Router and most importantly the telephone wire is as far away as possible from sockets power cables.
    Start there as that will cause disconnects.
    n

have you checked that your DSL Router and most importantly the telephone wire is as far away as possible from sockets power cables.
    Start there as that will cause disconnects.
    n

well its only in the past 3 weeks its been cutting out. I'll check anyway!

• Advertisement
Advertisement