Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exchange rates

Options
  • 26-06-2013 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I will be heading to the US in November and will be looking to get an exchange from Euro to dollar. I was just wondering if the current rate of 1.30$ to 1€ was a good rate or if it would be anybody's guess what way it will be closer to the time?
    Any advise welcomed!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stenth

One way of answering your question is to look at historical rates.
    Here is a graph of the exchange rate for the last year.

Or you could try to predict if USD will fall within the next months compared to the EUR. Personally, I think it will. The US keeps printing billions of dollars to add to their deficit, and in a sane world this would eventually mean that all these dollars would be worth less. But then, this should in my mind already have happened, so what do I know? Clearly it's more complicated than that.

If you are looking to exchange a significant sum of money, the safest thing is probably to exchange a portion of it every two months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

I think there seems to be consensus amongst traders the euro/dollar forecast for the next 6 months is to trade in the 1.25-1.30 range.

Why don't you switch on CNBC in the morning to catch either Capital Connection or Squawk Box. They have plenty of Forex analysis.

Advertisement