Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art classes Carlow?

Options
  • 26-06-2013 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone could have any info for me. I love art, have for a long time but I got side tracked a bit in life and certain people convinced me art was a real career etc...sob story.... Anyway, I still draw and I love it. I'm considering trying to get into a graphic design part time course, it's based in Wexford once a week which will be a bit of a chore but I have to work as well as study as I've already done a degree and can't survive other wise!!
    Basically, I was wondering if there are any life drawing or other types of art classes here in Carlow that I could check out and be of benefit for me?
    I prefer drawing digitally now, especially pin up/comic style art however, I need to re fresh myself and get back to basics so if anyone knows of any good opportunities in or around Carlow please do let me know!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Legendredhead

I heard there was supposed to be painting classes starting mid june in Myshall if thats any use to you? Its with Myshall art club and i think they got funding from the VEC fro it.
    Apart from that maybe the college of further education has something? There's surely night classes of some sort in there to do with art. Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

There does be various art classes held in the VISUAL centre, they are usually a one day affair at the weekend, ranging from paint to sketching etc. Keep an eye on there website or pick up a booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jolou86

thanks, had a look at the sight there and seems to only be family/kids workshops coming up but ill keep an eye on it

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

This is an Art class run by Lorraine Fenlon, She is an excellent teacher . maybe contact her , I would recommend her.

https://www.facebook.com/Redapplearts?fref=ts

Advertisement