Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ballinskelling

Options
  • 26-06-2013 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

the aussie missus is coming over in july for a few weeks so after booking a bnb in ballinskellings for a few nights. i remember going here as a young lad in school so we could learn our native tongue faster and i remember being in awe of the place even though we wernt meant to like it as we were supposed to be learning. it must be 24 years since ive been there. just wondering what tourist things we can do,i will have the car so can travel freely.also the boat trips i see are a tad on the expensive side so any suggestions on things to do without forking out over hundred notes for a ten minute boat trip would be much appreciated :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Firstly the boat trips are not "ten minutes" - and they are worth every cent if you have not been to the Skelligs before.

Trips are about 45 minutes each way and cost €45 / person in September according to the skellig experience website - and being a regular in the area, I've yet to meet one person who has questioned the value.

Aside from that, there's plenty to do.

Cill Rialig art gallery & cafe (really good food esp for vegetarians)

Skelligs Chocolate factory & cafe overlooking st. finians bay.

If weather is good, the beach is as good as ever with market & live music every sunday from 11am.

Walls along Bolus head.

Visit to Portmagee especially for seafood.

Visit to Valentia Island - Skellig experience visitor centre, Bray head, the slate quarry, glenbaum house & gardens, the beautiful georgian village of Knightstown.

Pub wise - Cable o'Learys is the big pub and has music and food, however Rosies in Dungeagan village (few hundred yards away) is more of the traditional local with music on wednesday nights.

They are expensive...but it's a trip in a lifetime. It is an amazing place. Just read up something on it in advance, so you can fully appreciate it.

Advertisement