Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Dublin on a Tuesday evening

Options
  • 26-06-2013 10:10pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Myself and my friend (who has a moderate intellectual disability) go out every Tuesday evening. We've done many of the usual things: dinner, cinema, bowling, shopping, shows, visiting friends etc and I'm running out of new things to suggest. A lot of things we'd like do are closed by the time we're going out (6pm) so I was hoping someone might have some interesting suggestions for us to do within the areas of approx Bray to the south, Dundrum to the west and the south city to the north. Some things that my friend has asked about include dancing (complete and total beginner level and as a once off rather than course) and visiting animals such as cats and dogs (thought of DSPCA and Sealife in Bray but closed at that time :(). I'm in my 20s and she's in her 30s and as mentioned has a moderate disability. After 6pm on a Tuesday is the only time available. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be very grateful :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

I don't know if she is into music, but Doyles pub by trinity college run a fantastic acoustic night on a Tuesday called the Ruby sessions. its always busy but the acts are great and the atmosphere very welcoming.

Have a look at www.dublineventguide.com and www.lecool.com www.totallydublin.com and www.entertainment.ie for ideas.

There is always plenty to see and do, from theatre to galleries to street performances. The sites above might help you find some thing of interest.
    You can search by day in the listings for all of these sites.

p.s. the science gallery by Pearse station is great!

Hope you both find something there you enjoy.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Thanks so much for your suggestions. Music would be strictly limited to Westlife and Boyzone (we're going in November :D) but might take a trip in myself some evening, love Doyle's.

Science Gallery sounds great and a very convenient location but I think it might be a little advanced for my friend. Will definitely check out those websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

For the Summer months the parks would be open later so could be an option

Marlay park have some birds in an enclosure at the back of the tea room you the park is open until late - you could check whether this area would be open

Their own website doesn't seem to be working at the moment so you might need to ring them but Giddy Studios do a paint your own pottery event and are open until 7pm on Tuesdays.

http://www.dundrum.ie/stores/giddy-studios/

This company do drop in Salsa classes it looks like you can go to one class - http://www.danzon.ie/classes/salsa/

I know you've already gone to the cinema but you know its cheaper on Tuesdays in Cineworld in Parnell St

Is she into activities / sporty things at all ? You can do things like rock climbing taster courses but dunno if that would be your scene

Other than that I think maybe different food experiences - meals at different ethnic restaurants.
    Frozen yoghurt, gelatos, bubble tea, milkshakes, the tea gardens on Ormond Quay is a very nice relaxing place
    Somewhere like Accents is open late and they have board games there. The Black Sheep on Capel St have board games too and jenga

So, just choose different restaurants and coffee shops and you won't run out of things for a while at least

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Laneyh wrote: »
    For the Summer months the parks would be open later so could be an option
    Marlay park have some birds in an enclosure at the back of the tea room you the park is open until late - you could check whether this area would be open
    This is a great idea, thanks. I'll definitely look into this.
    Their own website doesn't seem to be working at the moment so you might need to ring them but Giddy Studios do a paint your own pottery event and are open until 7pm on Tuesdays.
    This would be perfect! Will ring to see what would the latest time they they could do.
    This company do drop in Salsa classes it looks like you can go to one class - http://www.danzon.ie/classes/salsa/
    Thank you - I couldn't find anywhere that did drop in classes.
    Is she into activities / sporty things at all ? You can do things like rock climbing taster courses but dunno if that would be your scene
    This wouldn't really suit because her disability means that her balance/coordination isn't great (mine isn't either for that matter) but thanks for the idea.
    the tea gardens on Ormond Quay is a very nice relaxing place
    Love the look of this place, right up our street. Will definitely be heading there.
    Thanks for your suggestions. I'm rarely in town and would never have found these places myself.

Advertisement