Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoDaddy VPS - Assistance with NameServer setup

Options
  • 26-06-2013 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hello All,

Purchased a VPS package with GD after a major ISP in Dublin15 (not to be named on boards) have left me down for weeks with out of sync DNS domains and unanswered/unreplied emails...

After few days of playing i think i got most of the WHM control,the cPanel and all other things.

When i try to transfer a domain from ISP to GD,i'm unsure with the NS setup.
    Trying to change them at ISP level in Domain DNS management but comes with an error that NS cannot be modified ! Sent few emails to ISP asking for help but no reply,as they are busy congratulating themselves for a big migration fcukup !

Called GD support line in UK,after few minutes on the phone with them,i got a pdf on how-to but...still not getting nowhere...

I'm asking you and i thank you in advance if you can assist me in this matter,step by step on how to get the DNS transferred or keep the.ie domain in D15 (if necessary) and just change the DNS to point to my VPS !!!

Thanks. !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

We're not allowed discuss specific hosting companies on boards. I'll make this general statement: if you are having this much trouble this early on in your relationship with a hosting company, perhaps you should reconsider using them.

The other thing is there is not necessarily correlation between a hosting company's marketing budget and its quality of service :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement