Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls - What is the best nail hardener?

• 26-06-2013 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

My nails are always peeling or getting snagged and as a result, break. They are never are all the same length at the one time and I usually end up cutting the all because they are so annoying.

I work with clothes and afraid of my life that I will pull something when one chips.

I have never bought a nail hardener but my mum who also has brutal nails has tried the silver bottle of Sally Hansen many times and didn't notice any difference. What would ye girls recommend, something that really works and quick!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Mavala nail hardener is quite good. Just make sure to not get it on the cuticle as it can make them quite hard

Also vitamin B12 is a good supplement for nails. Have a google of it as I might have the wrong vitamin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Duvetdays wrote: »
    Mavala nail hardener is quite good. Just make sure to not get it on the cuticle as it can make them quite hard

Also vitamin B12 is a good supplement for nails. Have a google of it as I might have the wrong vitamin.

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked up Mavala but it's very expensive, €19.25 in Boots, I wouldn't pay that! but it probably works for that price.

Anyone else have any good experience with nail hardeners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Sensor

s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

none of these painted on things really work - you are better off increasing your intake of calcium. Try eating an occasional cube of jelly.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I've used this Essence nail hardener with great success. I managed to get my nails to grow very long and strong while using it, whereas I usually break my nails and they're always at odd lengths. Plus it's cheap as chips so if it doesn't work, it's no loss.

SN_nail_polish_shiny_silver_ultra_strong.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

jenizzle wrote: »
    I've used this Essence nail hardener with great success. I managed to get my nails to grow very long and strong while using it, whereas I usually break my nails and they're always at odd lengths. Plus it's cheap as chips so if it doesn't work, it's no loss.

Brilliant, thanks for the suggestion. I'm definitely going to try this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭keaves

jenizzle wrote: »

+1 for essence! I like my nails quite short ( mostly because they chip and break and peel past a certain length) but Ive noticed using this if they've grown longer than the norm they are still nice and solid no peeling or breaks! Give it time tho Ive found the more Ive used it the stronger they seem to be getting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Hardener isn't always the way to go - drink lots of water and use a cuticle oil.

If your nails are prone to peeling sometimes hardening them can just make them more brittle

Rimmel do a good one I've been using
    http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-5-in-1-Nail-Care_1051068/

I've heard OPI Nail Envy is good but can't bear to spend so much on it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I find the Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle very good..

I have very brittle nails and they've started to actually strengthen up for the first time since using this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Nailtiques is brilliant, but again pricey (bout e20).

Its protein you paint on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement