Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would Any Body Give a free lawnmower ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What size do you need and where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 aaronenglish81

Medium sized and based in fermoy.co.cork area

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RealExpert

Try the local recycle center and keep an eye on the free adds in adverts.ie....I wouldnt be too fussy take anything u get

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭grazeaway

RealExpert wrote: »
    Try the local recycle center and keep an eye on the free adds in adverts.ie....I wouldnt be too fussy take anything u get

yeah i'd agree, my parents have picked up great mowers out of skips in teh last few years, one was a 5hp self propelled mulcher. all that was wrong was the mechanism for liftign was damaged. my dad welded into a single position and its the one he uses most now. they also have a small one with a basket, its very handy in arournd the scrubs and flower beds.

if your lookign for one for free then you'll need to be a bit handy with them. any thing that is being given away will proably be ok but would need so TLC and a bit of tinkering. Many of the types of mowers as beign thrown out as the owner wont have the skills to repair any faults on them, you'll need to be able to fix them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

[Farming & Forestry MOD]

Thread moved to Gardening forum.

[/Farming & Forestry MOD]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 aaronenglish81

so does any one have one please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Go around a few of the farmers yards,co-ops or a builders providers and ask them if they might have an auld thing that they dont really need anymore.

Or if its for a once off job,then ask for a loan of one and leave them something of yours as a forum of security,while you have a loan of their lawnmower.

Otherwize,have a look on websites like jumblestown,adverts and also ask in any county council recycling centres in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

50 euro in Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

try fermoy favours onfacebook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Satts

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

i have an electric flymo, been lying in shed now for 2 years.Needs some tlc handle a bit wonky but still working. Pm if your still on the lookout for one. Could use the space in the shed tbh. Dublin area

Advertisement