Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ Brno 452 .22 rifle

Options
  • 26-06-2013 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I have the chance to buy the CZ Brno 452 .22 rifle incl. scope, case and bipod rest for €350.
    I have been told that's it's a great deal but I have a few questions.
    1) I am a beginner shooter - Is this the right rifle to buy?
    2) What and where should I look to be sure it's quality?
    3) and any other advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

1) I am a beginner shooter - Is this the right rifle to buy?
    CZ are a great rifle, starter or not. Accurate, reliable, cheap to buy and run, and always resell when you want to upgrade.
    2) What and where should I look to be sure it's quality?
    1. Check the bolt cycles with undue pressure
    2. The bore (inside the barrel) is clean
    3. The chamber (where the bullets feed into the barrel) is clean.
    4. The bolt is not clogged with dirt/foling (sign of poor cleaning meaning the rifle was not cared for)
    5. The sock is unmarked or not cracked.
    6. That there is no heavy wear on the timber or metal parts.
    7. That there is no rust or spots from getting wet and not properly maintained. That the magazine feeds okay, and goes into the rifle without any problem.
    8. That there are no major dents/scratches on the metal.
    9. That the scope turrets turn okay.
    10. That they actually work (move the reticle/crosshair).
    11. Get the make of the scope and check prices here or online to make sure you are getting a decent scope.
    3) and any other advice will be greatly appreciated.
    • Bring someone with you if you can. Someone that knows about rifles/guns and can spot things you may miss.
    • Never rush a decision. Walk away if in any way unsure.
    • Never pay all the money up front. Leave a deposit until the license comes through.
    • Haggle. No matter how cheap it is haggle the price and at least get some ammo thrown into the deal.

It's a buyer's market so if not 100% happy there are loads of options out there. Look around.

Best of luck with it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Sound advice from Cass.
    I own two Brno's manufactured in 72 and 77. Both well used and shooting straight and through.
    If you follow the advice here and its a clean gun, you'll have something that will last not only your life time but that of your children.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Make an offer of €300 and go from there :):):)

You won't go wrong with a CZ IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Cz is definitely a good rifle to start with.

Cass covered it all. Cz's don't really give trouble or have any issues. Once it was get right and its not neglected it should t be a bad place to start.

Remember it is second hand there will be marks/issues but You have to distinguish between general wear and tear and neglect and issues that will affect the safety of the rifle first of all then the performance.

Advertisement