Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDip in Psychology anyone? Which one is best? Any info welcome

Options
  • 26-06-2013 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

HDip in Psychology anyone? Which one is best? Any info welcome
    Trying to see which is best to apply for UCD,NUIG, or Trinity. Since NUIG is closer and cheaper it is what I'm thinking of going for, but I don't want to do the course if the others are much better..? Any info or experience of these courses would be welcome info! Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭She Who Dares Wins

Once theyre recognised by PSI they should be fine. You could also look at the Uni of Derby, it does a conversion postgrad in psych by distance learning that is recognised by BPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭38Flowers

Thank you so much for the reply, that was really helpful! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 XMASSmrstobe

Hi,

If its the full hdip you're seeking information on be aware that the two year course is interesting, but costly and there really is a huge amount of competition for jobs in the field. Its normal as a PSI psych grad to work for a few years on not much more than an internship wage! :eek:

Having said that, the conversion course in NUIG is well recognized. The top 8-10 students from ARTS in NUIG all do a one year conversion course which is run in conjunction with the two year h-dip. UL also now have a h-dip/one year masters. :D Both courses are full time and (from experience) are very tough to hold down a job and complete successfully.

I'm in the field and happy to chat more if you would like to pm me. :confused: Ps. not meaning to put you off, just hoping that you are aware of the difficulties in Psychology in Ireland at the min. Quite a few of my peers are going back to do nursing etc. at the moment - post hdip, they love being in the 'caring profession' but are disappointed by the length of the road psychology offers (degree + hdip + MSC + voluntary work being standard requirements for most positions).

Advertisement