Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prolife Campaign on Protection of Life in Pregnancy Bill Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Youth Defence parking a truck outside the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre with a large anti-choice poster on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

There's simply no way these people are that utterly devoid of humanity.
    They're not evil. They're just ****ing insane.

"The ends justify the means" leads to some pretty horrible behaviour.

Of course lying and bringing more misery on rape victims is justified - it's all to protect the wee babbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

It's low, but it's no lower then using a tragic case of medical negligence to push an agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

errlloyd wrote: »
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/06/27/opposite-the-dublin-rape-crisis-centre/?fb_source

Has anyone got an ad truck I can borrow, need to place some pictures of men kissing outside the IONA institute.

While you're there could you just drive the truck into the IONA institute

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

horrific animals. They are an appalling disgrace to the country.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

In a way they've kind of got a point though. Shít way of saying it and a completely insensitive place to put a poster for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

pharmaton wrote: »
    thanks for clarifying that for us.

That amazing use of sarcasm sure showed me.

A man obviously can't understand what it's like to miscarry, because he can't carry in the first place. But there is a difference between having/losing and carry/miscarrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

In a way they've kind of got a point though. Shít way of saying it and a completely insensitive place to put a poster for it.

Doubt It will make little or any difference to mothers or babies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

kneemos wrote: »
    Doubt It will make little or any difference to mothers or babies.

What they are saying though, is more needs to be done to protect from rape. As I said above, it's a shíte way of saying it and an insensitive way of doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Whats all this about people against abortion being religious, im not religious but im against murder, which abortion is.
    Thats grand Jonjo, if you have an unplanned pregnancy and you don't want an abortion fine, but no woman should be forced to carry a baby she doesn't want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

What they are saying though, is more needs to be done to protect from rape. As I said above, it's a shíte way of saying it and an insensitive way of doing so.

How on earth are you interpreting that meaning from that poster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

conorhal wrote: »
    It's low, but it's no lower then using a tragic case of medical negligence to push an agenda.

You obviously didn't read the details of the Savita Inquest or you wouldn't make such a trite,inaccurate and insensitive post.
    Hard to believe that there are people low enough to defend parking that ad truck outside the RCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

This morning in D2 i saw a lot of their signs had green paint thrown on them

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

I don't see them saying that at all.

Their stance would appear to be that the rape has already occured , if the woman is pregnant from this she shouldn't take it out on the unborn child.

It's also telling the rape victim that should they choose an abortion they are a child killer

That is far more deliberate a message than a clumsy expression of the need to keep women safe

Their campaign has one sole objective and it has nothing to do with protecting women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

These dangerous fanatics do absolutely nothing for people who have reservations about the legislation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Luckily we don't live in America. These lunatics would be waving a bible with one arm and stroking a shotgun with the other.

What sort of mindset is required that justifies this sort of action? Democracy doesn't work when mentally unstable people are allowed the same say as everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Clarehobo

Luckily we don't live in America. These lunatics would be waving a bible with one arm and stroking a shotgun with the other.

In America I am sure people would have confronted them by now and had the van moved on by the police...
    Also, in America, women can choose. So America, with all it's gun nuts and bible bashers, isn't all bad.

They should be barred from going anywhere near counselling services. These women are vulnerable and don't need catholic guilt shoite being thrown at them on top of the issues they are dealing with as a result of their assault.

They are definitely doing themselves no favours with this type of publicity.

I think people shouldn't deface the posters - just let them off and people will see them for what they are. Defacing posters gives them something to bang on about.

Laneyh wrote: »
    I don't see them saying that at all.

Their stance would appear to be that the rape has already occured , if the woman is pregnant from this she shouldn't take it out on the unborn child.

It's also telling the rape victim that should they chose an abortion they are a child killer

That is far more deliberate a message than a clumsy expression of the need to keep women safe

Their campaign has one sole objective and it has nothing to do with protecting women

That's exactly the point. They are saying "Why has the child to suffer, because we couldn't protect the woman?"

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

EyeSight wrote: »
    This morning in D2 i saw a lot of their signs had green paint thrown on them

Yeah I saw the same on Dorset Street at the weekend.

I was so angry when I saw this on broadsheet.ie. Pure and utter scum :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Can anyone explain the purpose of these posters?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

That's exactly the point. They are saying "Why has the child to suffer, because we couldn't protect the woman?"

then why not just say that, and why maliciously park outside the RCC, they can only have intended to cause further distress to victims of sexual abuse. Of course if they had their way (as their leader in this country once had) victims of sexual abuse would be forced to swear an oath of secrecy to protect the abuser.
    these scum care feck all for women, lets not pretend that they do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Crazies making the sane people seem saner to those on the fence.
    Keep it up you bead rattlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭seenitall

Which again, has zero to do with keeping women safe.

So no, they don't have a point in anyway related to the RCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

That amazing use of sarcasm sure showed me.

A man obviously can't understand what it's like to miscarry, because he can't carry in the first place. But there is a difference between having/losing and carry/miscarrying.

Thanks for the mansplaination I'd never have figured it out otherwise.

You all realise I'm not defending them right?

All I said was they've got a point, but put it out wrong for fúck sake.

Calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭seenitall

I'm calm. :)

I just disagree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,930 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

pharmaton wrote: »
    Thanks for the mansplaination I'd never have figured it out otherwise.

These feminist buzz words make you sound like you're in a cult. Just so you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

then why not just say that, and why maliciously park outside the RCC, they can only have intended to cause further distress to victims of sexual abuse. Of course if they had their way (as their leader in this country once had) victims of sexual abuse would be forced to sweat an oath of secrecy to protect the abuser.
    these scum care feck all for women, lets not pretend that they do!

I'm an athiest and pro-life? Where do I fit in to your tiresome tirade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I think fundamental Christians are the worst in the US. Most abortion clinics are hidden and have some of the toughest security systems as they are constantly bombed. One abortion doctor has been shot and almost killed 3 times. The last guys that did used the defense that if the doctor was killed "he was doing gods work".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

kneemos wrote: »
    Don't think what they say is incorrect,if the mothers life is at risk there can't be a time limit.

Oh no...so I had an abortion? Because at 37 weeks my life was in danger and they gave me a c-section? Damn....and they told me I was induced. And my healthy, now ten year old child was actually aborted?

Not to point out the obvious but when the child can survive outside of the womb and the mothers life is at risk, it's not abortion to deliver the child early/prematurely.
    At a certain point in the pregnancy, the pregnancy is viable and there is no question of not delivering the baby to save the mother (such as in my own case).

The bill is there to legislate for what happens very early on in the pregnancy when the foetus has no chance of survival outside of the womb and the mothers life is at risk.

They are two totally separate things. And anyone with half a brain can figure it out to be honest.

Advertisement