Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$**$**$**$ CAO Change of Mind closes Mon 1st July at 5.15 pm $**$**$**$

• 24-06-2013 3:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭

^^^ This!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭marvin_spazz

does this cover people who have yet to make an application this year? one would think so but calling it change of mind and not application is confusing.

I am currently a first year student. I want to change course outside of my college. I have not applied to cao as of yet as i was/am doing the course.

Basically is this possible to do? post above seem to say yes but i find it unclear from my reading of this from the site.

''Subject to the exclusions below, and subject to the usual conditions for Change of Mind, if you are currently an undergraduate student in any year in any one of the HEIs (and entered that HEI through the CAO system), you may submit a Change of Mind, in paper form only, to arrive in CAO not later than 17:15 on 22nd July.
    The Change of Mind Form must be stamped by the Admissions Office of the HEI where you are a student.
    (If you did NOT enter your current course through the CAO system, you must first contact the Admissions Office of the HEI to which you wish to apply. That Admissions Office will inform you whether you may submit a Change of Mind.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

FML! :O why did I leave it this late?! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

FML! :O why did I leave it this late?! :(
    Late though it may be, you still have the weekend.

The ones I will have to stop myself from kicking in the arse are the ones who will arrive in at 4 p.m. on Monday going "Oh, it's today, is it?!!! Everyone pay attention to ME, I need to choose!!!" :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

does this cover people who have yet to make an application this year? one would think so but calling it change of mind and not application is confusing.

I am currently a first year student. I want to change course outside of my college. I have not applied to cao as of yet as i was/am doing the course.

Basically is this possible to do? post above seem to say yes but i find it unclear from my reading of this from the site.

''Subject to the exclusions below, and subject to the usual conditions for Change of Mind, if you are currently an undergraduate student in any year in any one of the HEIs (and entered that HEI through the CAO system), you may submit a Change of Mind, in paper form only, to arrive in CAO not later than 17:15 on 22nd July.
    The Change of Mind Form must be stamped by the Admissions Office of the HEI where you are a student.
    (If you did NOT enter your current course through the CAO system, you must first contact the Admissions Office of the HEI to which you wish to apply. That Admissions Office will inform you whether you may submit a Change of Mind.)

From the CAO website when you click apply: "The 2013 CAO Application facility is now closed. The Late closing date was 17:15 on the 1st of May. The Normal closing date was 17:15 on the 1st of February. "

This would suggest that new applications aren't being taken any more unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I finally did it!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Reminder ... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭NellyDean

I'm ****ting the knicker :( is it just me or is this way scarier than exams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Just changed half my CAO out of panic. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

Guys any ideas on courses in Dublin for business management? Preferably course with no third language. Would normal business studies suit it in dcu?

Also there is a course in aviation, but it also focuses on other areas besides being a pilot like management. Can anyone explain what are the other areas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I've changed my CAO every time I've had wifi this week, which has been about twice a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Jesus I totally forgot it closes tomorrow! Stress!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Okay I think Im done..
    (Ie I clicked loads of buttons and now think Im just all clicked out)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

2 minutes left! In a fit of frenzied panic let's all put down random course codes and see what we get :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement