Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeping the Community Informed!

• 27-06-2013 2:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

So guys, how have your friends and neighbors responded to your helpful advice regarding surviving the Zombie Apocalypse?

I recently advised a close colleague about how to be prepared, fortification, stockpiling, weaponry, etc..., and so forth, only to find my sincere helpful advice spurned and to find my whole working day, riddled with mockery, akin to the weirdo in work who says nothing for months until someone mistakenly mentions *you know* and the fucker will not shut up for days. I am not crazy, I believe in science and have seen the effects of certain narcotics turn someone into a zombie.

anyway

Although I do not discuss survival tactics with everyone I meet, I do accept that viruses exist, genetics and biochemistry exist ( leading to even worse than a zombie virus) and that 2% - 5% of the people you meet in life are complete a$$holes and I have seen what someone will do for $1 so, YES I believe this shit could happen, and I will continue to prepare for the shit until, it does, I die, or science tells me it could never possibly happen ( Dissapointment level: UNKNOWN).

I accept the probability of a Zombie outbreak may be on the low side, but still, it is not beyond possibility, right?
    I am tired of being discriminated against and demand urgent action, NOW.
    I am organizing a mass revolt against the anti-zombie establishment, in the park, TOMORROW, sharpen those teeth people...

</rant>

Been a while, how is everyone doing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I don't talk to my work colleagues about zombies, mainly because I hope they all get bitten when the apocalypse does come.
    The more people aware of it, the more chance of a LOT of survivors.... I don't want to share my beans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I tend not to talk to anyone about my survival plans, if someone shows an interest in the zombie genre of films or books or comics, then and only then would i even think about discussing it in depth.

Besides, i'll be going solo at the zompocalypse, probably wont last long but hell.. it'll be one f**king awesome day!

Doing good otherwise :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Jesus no, don't go trying to spread the news! If everyones prepared, things will get really messy. You should surround yourself by stupid people both at home and at work, they will be the zombie fodder that allows you to initiate your survival plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

I keep my plans for family and friends all whom share my view on the subject apart from 1-2, My honest opinion that i stand by is i believe that such an virus could happen nature is a bitch when it wants to be but more over the major players in the world are messing with some serious compounds and weaponry gods know the backfire if their ever is one.

I can picture it now 2.45 am woke up by screams from the house next door and the streets, You look out the window and see people you know been torn apart by people you know what do you do really in that situation you know their only a plain of glass stopping them from getting in and tearing your family to bits 1000's of taught's a second streaming through you terrify body what is you next step honestly and within reason and logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

I can picture it now 2.45 am woke up by screams from the house next door and the streets, You look out the window and see people you know been torn apart by people you know what do you do really in that situation you know their only a plain of glass stopping them from getting in and tearing your family to bits 1000's of taught's a second streaming through you terrify body what is you next step honestly and within reason and logic.

That has been probably my worst fear! My POA in that scenario is straight up to the attic with my partner and the 2 kids. I have 2 extremely sturdy stair gates that should slow normal zombies down for long enough to get everyone up. Have around 3 weeks worth of food up there with a 200 litre drinking water storage unit that can also be filled with rain water if need be and we could take water front the cistern if really needed. I have a few solar panels that can generate enough power to use some IR cameras that are outside the house to see what's going on, also a laptop/radio etc.

Need to make the attic a little more livable though. Perhaps a window to let light in and a few board games, or jobs to complete while up there just to pass the time. I can see the 2 year old getting extremely bored.

After that I have no idea what to do. Depends what the zombies are like, maybe get to the car during night hours if there isn't any z's directly outside and make my way west or to the tesco castle in donabate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Evd-Burner wrote: »
    That has been probably my worst fear! My POA in that scenario is straight up to the attic with my partner and the 2 kids. I have 2 extremely sturdy stair gates that should slow normal zombies down for long enough to get everyone up. Have around 3 weeks worth of food up there with a 200 litre drinking water storage unit that can also be filled with rain water if need be and we could take water front the cistern if really needed. I have a few solar panels that can generate enough power to use some IR cameras that are outside the house to see what's going on, also a laptop/radio etc.

Need to make the attic a little more livable though. Perhaps a window to let light in and a few board games, or jobs to complete while up there just to pass the time. I can see the 2 year old getting extremely bored.

After that I have no idea what to do. Depends what the zombies are like, maybe get to the car during night hours if there isn't any z's directly outside and make my way west or to the tesco castle in donabate.

Perfect very same as me. I have started converting the attic, but still have the stairs up where you can draw it up, only problem is if their was a fire in the house you would be stuck. I have no food or water up their yet but ill work on it.

My three year old is quite active so my greatest fear is trying to protect him and ensure he would have a safe place to call home and honestly it would be the only thing to keep me going. Honestly why is their not a volunteer force in Ireland for this really its mite never happen but if he did 99.9 percent are not ready

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 seamie mac

Re: To Share Survival Plans With Work Colleagues Or Not??

Turns out that the next biggest Z fan to me at work is our HR Manager .... probably not the best person to share these thoughts with as I still need a job until Z-Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Just to add this to this thread as im not sure if a new thread warrants it.
    Seen on facebook and twitter of a zombie tour company starting in dublin? anyone heard anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

andy_g wrote: »
    Just to add this to this thread as im not sure if a new thread warrants it.
    Seen on facebook and twitter of a zombie tour company starting in dublin? anyone heard anything?

nope? sounds interesting though.. fire on the link there so we can have a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

will try find it again :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement