Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ibanez Stm-1** Guitar Shops??

• 27-06-2013 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi, I am selling my Ibanez Stm-1 and need a sale by this Saturday as I have a holiday I have to have paid off. I've been in touch with a few shops etc... but none seem to buy guitars. Just wondering if there are any shops that do.?

I am selling it well below what it is worth so I am confident that wherever I bring it I will get the price I am asking for, just need to find that place!

It doesn't matter what part of Ireland, I'm willing to travel. But preferably in the midlands! Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

X-Music do second hand guitars but I'm not sure if they buy them outright or accept them as trades only.

Throw it up on Adverts to try and get it moved quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

MusicMaker on Exchequer St do trade ins, to the best of my knowledge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Adverts.ie or donedeal would probably be your best bet,i've tried to deal with shops before but in reality they can take the piss in what they offer.

How much are ya looking to get for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Why all the trade in solutions? OP needs cashmoney!!

I'd say adverts/gumtree/buyandsell are your options if you need money fast. If you're in Dublin there's also the liquidation shop in Tallaght village. They'll definitely take it, but will probably insult you with the price. If its a short term cash flow issue, and you'd like to hang on to the guitar, have you thought about pawning it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,726 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

MusicMaker, Xmusic, Perfect Pitch and Guitarfix all do trade-ins/buy instruments.

You'll get a terrible price for it though, about 60% of it's secondhand value more than likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Falcon_Steve

Thanks! Looking for around €400, which I feel should not be a problem as many of them on the internet are selling at €600-€700 second-hand. Very hard to find a shop that will buy these days. Usually all only trade ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Falcon_Steve

Thanks! Yep I have considered it and decided that I don't want to deal with pawn shops at all. As in Ireland I don't think there are any proper ones? (not near me anyway) apart from cash converters, cash encounters etc... who I wouldn't deal with. I was talking to a guy in Galway before who worked in a pawn shop, and offered me something like €250. I appreciate all offrs, but that was a joke. They have to make money someway and unfortunately it's by skanking everyone that walks in there door I feel. Do you know of any good pawn shops in Ireland? Privately owned?

Advertisement