Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I cancel an online visa debit card transaction?

Options
  • 27-06-2013 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

Hi. I am going to the States this Sunday and was aware I had to apply for an ESTA. I Googled the word and found a website and went through all the processes to apply. At the end I paid $79 for the application.

Now it turns out that I should have only paid $14 according to this website (http://dublin.usembassy.gov/general/esta.html). It seems that the website I used is scamming me out of $65, for nothing but a processing fee . . . ?!

I want to cancel the transaction and use the official site. Can I do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Guru Maith Agut.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately we have no way of cancelling a transaction once it has been sanctioned.

Please contact the company directly to dispute the charge or alternatively you may fill out a Visa Debit Transaction Dispute Form and return it to your account holding branch. The form can be found here and once it has been returned to your branch, a representative will be happy to investigate the transaction further for you.

You can find the address for your account holding branch here.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Thanks for your swift reply Laura.

Advertisement