Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delay in adding new account to 365.

Options
  • 27-06-2013 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Attempting to add new account to 365. The “365 Online Demo -Adding New Accounts – YouTube” says account will be added in one day.

Rang CS after two days and was informed it could be five days, it is now seven days and still not added.

Is this delay normal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi hazchem,

Thanks for getting in touch.

What you were advised on the phone is correct. When adding a deposit or mortgage account for balance viewing online it generally takes five working days to be completed. If you contact Banking365 a representative can look into why your own request has not yet been completed. Banking365 can be contacted by phone on 0818 365 365 or you can submit a Secure Message when logged on.

We have contacted the Web Team to request they update the information on the demo, to state it is five working days and not one.

Hope this helps,
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭hazchem

Hi hazchem,

Thanks for getting in touch,

What you were advised on the phone is correct. When adding a deposit or mortgage account for balance viewing online it generally takes five working days to be completed. If you contact Banking365 a representative can look into why your own request has not yet been completed. Banking365 can be contacted by phone on 0818 365 365 or you can submit a Secure Message when logged on.

We have contacted the Web Team to request they update the information on the demo, to state it is five working days and not one.

Hope this helps,
    Tara
    Thanks for the reply Tara,

Just contacted CS again to be told there is a backlog and it can take up two weeks or more now to apply.

Also was now informed that I cannot transfer from a deposit account on 365 only check my balance I will still have to call or write to the branch to transfer  funds.

I was under the mistaken impression that you had the same online facilities as AIB who allow transfers from deposit accounts but you obviously have not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi Hazchem

We have a selection of deposit accounts which are viewable online only and transactions are solely done at branch.

However, we also have deposit accounts that were created for online viewing and transferring to and from online. 

If you wish to explore other deposit account options available that will allow full online functioning, viewing and transfer, you can find out more information here.

Alternatively, you can contact our Financial Advisors on 1890 623 456 or you can speak to the Savings Advisor at your branch.

Hope this clarifies it for you.

Thanks for posting. 

Paula H

Hi Hazchem

We have a selection of deposit accounts which are viewable online only and transactions are solely done at branch.

However, we also have deposit accounts that were created for online viewing and transferring to and from online. 

If you wish to explore other deposit account options available that will allow full online functioning, viewing and transfer, you can find out more information here.

Alternatively, you can contact our Financial Advisors on 1890 623 456 or you can speak to the Savings Advisor at your branch.

Thanks for posting. 

Paula H
    Thanks Paula,

Will have look at the online functioning accounts.

BTW the new account did eventually appear online on the PC but surprisingly it still does not appear on the Ipad app?

Hi hazchem,

Delighted to hear the account is now visible on your profile and apologies again for the conflicting time frames you were given.

These account types are not currently viewable on the Mobile App however, this is something we have planned for the future. We do not have an exact time frame but we will post here as and when we receive any updates on this.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Hi Hazchem

Thanks for posting. 

Paula H
    Hi again Paula,

Just let you know I opened a "365 30 Day Notice Account" only to be told that no I cant transfer to and from my deposit account on line as all deposit accounts require a phone call to 365 phone banking. 

I now have to close this new account down as it has no advantage to me.

So please update your information accordingly to avoid further confusion.

Hi hazchem,

We are sorry to hear the account you selected to open did not suit your needs. The link Paula had provided shows the full range of saving and deposit accounts that we have on offer. There is a section for instant access accounts and one of these may suit. Our Financial Advice Centre can be contacted on 1890 623 456 and one of the advisers would be more than happy to go through these options with you in more detail.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi hazchem,

We are sorry to hear the account you selected to open did not suit your needs. The link Paula had provided shows the full range of saving and deposit accounts that we have on offer. There is a section for instant access accounts and one of these may suit. Our Financial Advice Centre can be contacted on 1890 623 456 and one of the advisers would be more than happy to go through these options with you in more detail.

Thanks
    Tara

But just for your information and to emphasize again at present time Banking 365 does not have a deposit account product that can be managed on line as described by Paula see quote below.

“If you wish to explore other deposit account optionsavailable that will allow full online functioning, viewing and transfer,you can find out more information here.”

365 Deposit accounts are only managed manually and it can take up to 7 Days to transfer funds between online accounts as I found out with the new account I had just opened and by the way have now closed.

Your systems will require an upgrade to provide this facility that your competitors have had for years!

Hi hazchem,

Although there are no 365 Deposit accounts available with full online functioning there are other account types available with us that can be opened through the branch. 

As per our charter, we cannot give advice here so would not suggest a particular account type to a customer. As suggested previously, our Financial Advice Centre would be more than happy to go through what options are available to suit your own needs.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi hazchem,

Although there are no 365 Deposit accounts available with full online functioning there are other account types available with us that can be opened through the branch. 

As per our charter, we cannot give advice here so would not suggest a particular account type to a customer. As suggested previously, our Financial Advice Centre would be more than happy to go through what options are available to suit your own needs.

Thanks
    Tara

My query was in relation to a fully functioning online deposit account as the first line in your reply confirms you don’t have such a product at present.

Thanks anyway,

Hazchem

• Advertisement

Hi again hazchem,

Just to clarify, the 365 Deposit accounts that can be opened online all require notice for withdrawals and are direct debit only. None of these account types are instant access. 

As mentioned, it is possible to open an account through the branch which is instant access. These account types would give full online access for viewing balance and transactions and transferring funds in or out. 

If you would like us to arrange for a qualified financial advisor to call you to go through what options are available to suit your own needs, please pm us your name, branch name and a contact phone number.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi again hazchem,

Just to clarify, the 365 Deposit accounts that can be opened online all require notice for withdrawals and are direct debit only. None of these account types are instant access. 

As mentioned, it is possible to open an account through the branch which is instant access. These account types would give full online access for viewing balance and transactions and transferring funds in or out. 

If you would like us to arrange for a qualified financial advisor to call you to go through what options are available to suit your own needs, please pm us your name, branch name and a contact phone number.

Thanks
    Tara

Could you give me a name of one of those account types and Iwill check out its suitability to my needs on line.

Thanks

Hazchem

Hi again hazchem,

Thanks
    Tara

Could you give me a name of one of those account types and I will check out its suitability to my needs on line.

Thanks

Hazchem

Hi,

As mentioned yesterday, we cannot provide advice here so cannot suggest a particular account type for you. In this instance it would be more appropriate for you to speak to a qualified financial advisor who would be more than happy to suggest account types for you.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi,

As mentioned yesterday, we cannot provide advice here so cannot suggest a particular account type for you. In this instance it would be more appropriate for you to speak to a qualified financial advisor who would be more than happy to suggest account types for you.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi again Tara,

I only asked for the name of those mythical accounts not a recommendation.

I have never found a banking institution that could not provide a web link to the appropriate page on their website for list of the products requested if they existed.

A qualified financial advisor required to open an account on internet banking are you joking!!!!

Thanks again,

Hazchem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi hazchem,

We are sorry to hear that you feel we have not been helpful with our responses.

Paula replied to you on 28/06 with a link to information on all of the savings and deposit accounts available with Bank of Ireland which include the following categories:

365 Deposit Accounts

Regular Savings accounts

Instant Access and Notice

Fixed Term Savings Accounts

Thanks

Billy

Thanks for the reply Billy,

Just give me a web link to the website location for information to the accounts you say Paula supplied in her reply.

Quote “However, we also have deposit accounts that werecreated for online viewing and transferring to and from online.” End Quote

As I have been informed by Banking 365 that you don’t have this online facility for deposit accounts at present it can only be done in branch or by phone.

Now if you have different information please supply link

Thanks,

Hazchem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi hazchem, 

Thanks for your post. 

You can see information on savings and deposit accounts here

365 Deposit Accounts can be opened online. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement