Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal wild camping

Options
  • 27-06-2013 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everyone, I just got on boards because I couldn't the info i need.
    I'd like to do some wild camping in august with a group of 8 friends, we're basically looking for somewhere with a lake where we can make a bonfire and pitch our tents for 2 nights, preferably not too far from Dublin.
    I know some people do it without knowing if its permitted but I'd rather not risk getting into any trouble.
    Do you have any suggestions?
    Thanks a million.
    DR

Comments

I'd forget about the bonfire if you don't want hassle. As long as you clean up after you the "authorities" have no reason to be upset. Anywhere reasonably discrete will be fine. Wild camping is not illegal most places all they will do is ask you to move if you're causing trouble. Wicklow/Glendalough has plenty unspoilt hidden spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 paulbohs

Its Illegal to camp in Glendalough (national park). Your best bet is Glenmalure. Personally i'd forget the fire but they do use diesel chainsaws there and make campfires so I guess its allowed.

:o Yeah, I meant Glendalough as a bearing meaning 30 mile Sally Gap radius

Advertisement