Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close my bank account from abroad

Options
  • 27-06-2013 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, 

I have been a Bank of Ireland customer for years but now I live in the UK and with the introduction of all the fees I need to close my account. I also have a credit card linked to the account. 
    What is the easiest way to close my bank account and cancel my credit card? Will I have to pay fees for doing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi roisinf16,

Thank you for your post.

You can request to close your account from abroad by sending a written letter to your account holding branch instructing same. To discuss the fees and charges on this account please contact your branch directly where a representative will be happy to advise you.

Please see here for locations and contact details for all our branches to assist you.

To cancel your credit card and discuss fees and charges, please contact our Credit Card Service Team on 00353 56 7757747.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Paula C

Advertisement