Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA - When will BOI accept files

Options
  • 27-06-2013 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

I am working for a software company and getting some clients ready for SEPA.

When will BOI be ready to accept BIC/IBAN codes in electronic direct debit (or Credit Transfer) files?

Also, can someone confirm that the BIC/IBAN codes will ONLY be acceptable within an XML format. (I believe that this is the case).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I believe that there is a European wide universal file format for SEPA. However, I read yesterday that each of the Irish banks are creating their own file format. Crazy stuff.

BOI have published their file spec but, I believe, aren't ready to go live yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi dewsbury,

Bank of Ireland are contacting software providers at the moment. If you would like us to call your company and provide them with more detailed information, please pm us your company details, we could arrange a member of our team to call him.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement