Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where should I do my test ?

• 27-06-2013 10:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Okay so I'm planning on taking my motor bike test at the end of August. I live in Blanchardstown D15 and will be doing lessons with the Naas driving academy beforehand as well as a pre-test and I will also be renting the bike off them.

My question for you is, what test centre do you think I should book my test in ? Obviously somewhere nearby like finglas would be ideal as its nearby and I'd be able to practise with ease there. But I'd more than likely be limited to Naas for my lessons so it might make a bit more sense if i did it there ? I wouldn't be very familiar with Naas or finglas but obviously because of the proximity to finglas I could easily brush up on that.

Just one more thing though. I've heard finglas has one if the lowest passing rates in the country. Should I be dettered by this ??

Thanks so much if or reading. And if you have any other advice, please feel free to post below.

Mods I wasn't sure if I should post this in learning to drive or the motorbike subsection so please feel free to move it

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Where-ever you can get the most practise in is the best option. I heard Naas was worse than Finglas, but that may have been bias on the part of the instructor who told me that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It should make no difference where you do your driving test. You are out to prove that you are capable of driving safely and well on any road under whatever conditions that you are presented with.
    If this sounds too difficult and you are trying to find the easiest way around the test then maybe you are not ready yet.
    Sorry to sound harsh, but its for your own safety I say this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

K.Flyer wrote: »
    It should make no difference where you do your driving test. You are out to prove that you are capable of driving safely and well on any road under whatever conditions that you are presented with.
    If this sounds too difficult and you are trying to find the easiest way around the test then maybe you are not ready yet.
    Sorry to sound harsh, but its for your own safety I say this.

Not harsh at all man all advice is welcome.

I understand that the area shouldnt make a difference but if one place has a higher pass rate than the other, it makes sense to go with that one.

But yeh It seems like the best bet is to go somewhere were I can go get to easily. Ill have to get in touch with Naas and see if it is possible to do my lessons in Finglas.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Why don't you switch to a Finglas based driving school?

Why don't you switch to a Finglas based driving school?

Im getting around 50-60 euros off the price of the lessons/renting of the bike because I did my IBT training with Naas Driving academy.

Im just gonna give them a call tomorrow see whats what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Well, if you are getting a cheaper deal by learning in Naas, that's fair enough. But if you plan on doing the test in Finglas, make sure that you get some good experience in driving around the Finglas test area, so that you get to know any of the pit falls that could potentially trip you up on test day.

Every test centre area has it own unique features & Finglas is no different. The Finglas test centre is located just north of a very tricky intersection where the Superquin & Bank of Ireland are located. There is a school just east of there too. The village also has several one way streets and bus lanes and bus stops, that you probably won't have to deal with in Naas. Testers like to take applicants thru all that, to see how they react the hazards that the village presents. So make sure that you get some practice driving around the area before you do your test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Im getting around 50-60 euros off the price of the lessons/renting of the bike because I did my IBT training with Naas Driving academy.

Im just gonna give them a call tomorrow see whats what.

How much is it going to cost, in time as well as money, to get back up and down to Naas for your lessons and test? €60 would soon rack up on tolls and fuel, if you're using public transport:eek:

Del2005 wrote: »
    How much is it going to cost, in time as well as money, to get back up and down to Naas for your lessons and test? €60 would soon rack up on tolls and fuel, if you're using public transport:eek:

I have a small littler 125, so Id say it wold only cost me 2-3 euros to get there and back again. Time wise your looking at an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

Bike tests are carried out in Navan too, it's only up the road from you

Advertisement