Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Creative Cloud - Reviews?

• 27-06-2013 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone is using Adobe's new Creative Cloud and if so what are your views on it?

I have it on trial at the moment and finding it slows down my mac.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Here's the link if anyone is interested
    http://www.adobe.com/ie/products/creativecloud.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

smg2013 wrote: »
    I have it on trial at the moment and finding it slows down my mac.

What Mac are you running it on?

The only thing that would make me upgrade from photoshop CS6 is the typekit integration and that has been delayed.

oh and we are been shafted by the price :mad:

photoshop cc $19.99 in the states and here its €24.95. crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 42 smg2013

redman85 wrote: »
    What Mac are you running it on?

The only thing that would make me upgrade from photoshop CS6 is the typekit integration and that has been delayed.

oh and we are been shafted by the price :mad:

photoshop cc $19.99 in the states and here its €24.95. crazy

Running it on my MacBook (2.4GHz Processor with 4GB Memory).

I have CS5 and find that the dark grey look for menus on CC takes a bit of getting used to also.

Im thinking of the getting the monthly membership for all apps, which is around €60. Yes its fairly crazily priced!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I was half considering this myself, but what annoys me is the limitation in what package you can get. Seems it's either buying a single app, or the whole lot. There should be a deal in the middle.

I'd only use Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign but yet I'd have to sign up to the full package. Surprised (well, I'm not really) there's no in between that offers 3 or 4 apps for say...€40/45?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 smg2013

The only (small) plus is that a monthly subscription is slighty more manageable to pay than the full 3 thousand euro for the Master Collection. Adobe have us by the proverbials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Anybody using Sketch?

Seems to be a highly popular, and cheaper, photoshop alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

KonFusion wrote: »
    Anybody using Sketch?

I have it but admittedly haven't used it that much. But from my limited experience with it, I am very impressed. The price is a plus. Not sure what its like fore web design but for UI stuff it great.

You can actually get a two week demo on the developers homepage here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

KonFusion wrote: »
    Anybody using Sketch?

I wouldn't say it's a Photoshop alternative since it's vector based and pretty much dedicated to UI work. Photoshop is still king for raster based work. Sketch is fairly unique though and well worth checking out if you use Photoshop to design for web/UI most of the time.

Advertisement