Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fish feeding on lough Lene

Options
  • 27-06-2013 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hiya Lads,
    Maybe somebody out there will share a secret or two with a relatively newbie. I've fished lough lene this past 2 years and every now and again (ever increasingly) I spend the evening watching fish feeding but can't get them to take anything. Earlier season no problem on buzzers and wets but now for the past 3 outings drew a blank. They seem to be feeding subsurface as all I am seeing is small rings and backs and tails of cruising fish. I tried small wets on floating line just under the surface, small dries,dusters, small sedges, small black flies Etc. Can't actually see any hatch either so tried buzzers, Shuttlecocks, klinks, shipmans Etc all to no avail.... Anyone know of what to use.. Driving me mad. I know that we are in the lull between the earlier hatches and waiting for the hatch of the sedges and peters Etc and there's always a barren time between the main hatches but there feeding on something and would have thought if there is a barren period, they should not be so choosy. It seems like there locked onto on particular food. Mate of mine caught one last time on a black dry fly and we spooned him. A fish of almost 4 pound had an adult buzzer a water boatman and about 10 tiny nymphs (about a size 22) in his stomach, that was it. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

bsdirect wrote: »
    Hiya Lads,
    Maybe somebody out there will share a secret or two with a relatively newbie. I've fished lough lene this past 2 years and every now and again (ever increasingly) I spend the evening watching fish feeding but can't get them to take anything. Earlier season no problem on buzzers and wets but now for the past 3 outings drew a blank. They seem to be feeding subsurface as all I am seeing is small rings and backs and tails of cruising fish. I tried small wets on floating line just under the surface, small dries,dusters, small sedges, small black flies Etc. Can't actually see any hatch either so tried buzzers, Shuttlecocks, klinks, shipmans Etc all to no avail.... Anyone know of what to use.. Driving me mad. I know that we are in the lull between the earlier hatches and waiting for the hatch of the sedges and peters Etc and there's always a barren time between the main hatches but there feeding on something and would have thought if there is a barren period, they should not be so choosy. It seems like there locked onto on particular food. Mate of mine caught one last time on a black dry fly and we spooned him. A fish of almost 4 pound had an adult buzzer a water boatman and about 10 tiny nymphs (about a size 22) in his stomach, that was it. Any help greatly appreciated.
    At moment they are on the fry which can be very hard they seem to be rising but they are taking the fry high in the water and can be very frustrating was on it last 2 days and caught pulling wets and seen very few rising fish even to the mayfly that were coming off if . It does fish well after 8ish to buzzers in certain spots . Tight lines .

Advertisement