Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up to 24MB product - how long to switch to it?

Options
  • 27-06-2013 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

I used your efibre checker and it said it wasn't available yet in my area but I could upgrade to an up to 24MB package at no extra cost.

I rang 1800661622 on Monday to do this. How long does it take?

Still saying on My Account that I'm on the NGB Regular option. I'm away at the moment so I can't actually check what current speed my BB is. The agent advised my line could handle 12 meg download.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I used your efibre checker and it said it wasn't available yet in my area but I could upgrade to an up to 24MB package at no extra cost.

I rang 1800661622 on Monday to do this. How long does it take?

Still saying on My Account that I'm on the NGB Regular option. I'm away at the moment so I can't actually check what current speed my BB is. The agent advised my line could handle 12 meg download.
    Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

This can take up to 10 working days as an eircom engineer needs to make some modifications at your exchange to enable the upgrade.

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Any updates? 2 weeks today since I rang to request to be switched to the Up to 24 MB package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

Would you like to PM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

PM sent.

Thanks I will look into this and come back to you with an answer.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

It should take up to 24 hours, usually it is straight away, but this is eircom!

domeld wrote: »
    It should take up to 24 hours, usually it is straight away, but this is eircom!
    domeld

It's not usually 24hours as work needs to completed at the exchange to do this (conversion to adsl2+) It can take up to 10 working days.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Soarer

Not to step on the OP's toes, but I'm in a similar situation.

My line is throttled back to 8mb, but the line can handle 21mb. New 12 month contract signed 2 weeks ago, but still stuck on 8mb*.  Can I PM you my details and maybe you could look into it?

Thanks.

P.S. Speedtest is telling me I'm only getting 1.5mb, which is super sucky!

Soarer wrote: »
    Not to step on the OP's toes, but I'm in a similar situation.

My line is throttled back to 8mb, but the line can handle 21mb. New 12 month contract signed 2 weeks ago, but still stuck on 8mb*.  Can I PM you my details and maybe you could look into it?

Thanks.

P.S. Speedtest is telling me I'm only getting 1.5mb, which is super sucky!

Hi Soarer

Would you like to DM me your landline number?

Al

PM sent Al, thanks.

• Advertisement

11 working days have now passed and this upgrade request still hasn't been done for me. If possible can this be done by close of business on Friday, thanks.

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

I am still looking into this for you, sorry for the delay. I will come back to you as soon as I have more information, I can't promise Friday at this stage I'm afraid.

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks Tracey.

The agent mentioned around 24 hours when I spoke to him originally. Should your agents be advised not to say this, as the task can't be done in this time period?

Yes I will pass this information on for you, that's no problem at all.

Thanks

Tracey

Just after ringing 1800661622 again. According to the agent the order was placed on the system on 4 July for the Up to 24 MB upgrade, with the switchover having occurred on the 10th July. However looking at the info in My Account I'm still apparently on the NGB Regular package (up to 8 MB). She advised me to ring broadband technical support for further advice.

Speedtest done last night is still showing me on the up to 8MB package (getting 6.2 MB download).

Hi,

I have checked that order for you, that was an order for the 'up to' 8mb service I'm afraid. The issue is upgrading you to the 'up to' 12 mb service, it involves a changing of port at the exchange and this is where the issue is arising.

I have escalated onto the managers in the technicians section and will come back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks Tracy.

Is the 'up to 12 mb' a reference to the speed my line can handle as opposed to the title of the package, i.e. 'Up to 24 MB'?

Yes that's correct, it is the maximum capability of the line.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Alan/Tracey.

Were either of ye able to look into my situation?

Hi Alan/Tracey.Were either of ye able to look into my situation?
    Hi Soarer,

I have looked back over your post and I'm afraid I was not dealing with you directly however if you PM me your details I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

Thanks Tracy.Is the 'up to 12 mb' a reference to the speed my line can handle as opposed to the title of the package, i.e. 'Up to 24 MB'?
    Hi,

I have sent you a PM there.

Thanks

Tracey

PM sent Tracey.

Thanks.

PM sent Tracey.

Thanks.
    Hi Soarer

Unfortunately Tracey is not in today, would you like to PM me the details?

Al

Hi Alan.

I actually PM'd you about the same situation last Tuesday. When I got no response, I PM'D Tracey.

I sent the message to you again just there.

Thanks.

Hi Alan.

I actually PM'd you about the same situation last Tuesday. When I got no response, I PM'D Tracey.

I sent the message to you again just there.

Thanks.

I'm sorry about that Soarer,

I had to leave early Tuesday and just back today,

I'll look into this now and get back to you soon.

Thanks

Al

Tracey, PM sent.  Order is indicated being completed in my online acoount.

Maybe another rep in the meantime could confirm I'm now on the Up to 24MB package and indicate what speeds I should be getting?

Tracey, PM sent. Order is indicated being completed in my online acoount.Maybe another rep in the meantime could confirm I'm now on the Up to 24MB package and indicate what speeds I should be getting?
    Hi,

I have just sent you a PM there.

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks Tracey. Reply sent.

On the Up to 24 MB product now. Line stats are:

DSL Mode: ADSL2Plus
    Speed: 12288kbps/670kbps
    Line attentuation (down/up): 43.8 dB/23.1 dB
    DSL noise margin: 6 dB/17.1 dB.

How is that DSL noise margin figure? Went down to 3 at one stage. Is it a bit low I wonder?

Speedtest attached.
    Down: 10.59 Mb/s, up: 0.56 Mb/s

• Advertisement

Rechecked the line stats. That DSL noise margin down figure (2.5 dB) seems very low. Just wondering does the speed on the line needed to be reduced somewhat to avoid stability and connection issues? I'll not be in the house during the day, but I can leave the router on if you guys want to check the line etc.

DSL Mode: ADSL2Plus
    Speed: 12288kbps/670kbps
    Line attentuation (down/up): 42.8 dB/23.1 dB
    DSL noise margin: 2.5 dB/17.3 dB.

Advertisement