Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up to 24MB product - how long to switch to it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Soarer

Anything on my side of things guys? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Soarer wrote: »
    Anything on my side of things guys?

Hi Soarer

There is an existing port issue at your exchange which technicians are to resolve. I will be in touch with you as soon as I have feedback from them and equally I shall touch base with you later when I have had contact on them to get an update of the progress made.

Really sorry about this delay Soarer

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Rechecked the line stats. That DSL noise margin down figure (2.5 dB) seems very low. Just wondering does the speed on the line needed to be reduced somewhat to avoid stability and connection issues? I'll not be in the house during the day, but I can leave the router on if you guys want to check the line etc.DSL Mode: ADSL2PlusSpeed: 12288kbps/670kbpsLine attentuation (down/up): 42.8 dB/23.1 dBDSL noise margin: 2.5 dB/17.3 dB.
    Hi,

I have just sent you a PM there.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi SoarerThere is an existing port issue at your exchange which technicians are to resolve. I will be in touch with you as soon as I have feedback from them and equally I shall touch base with you later when I have had contact on them to get an update of the progress made.Really sorry about this delay SoarerAl

Great stuff Al, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Hi,I have just sent you a PM there.ThanksTracey

Thanks Tracey. Replied with further PM.

• Advertisement

Tracy, PM also sent.

rang t support. Line set now to 10MB. They didn't see any dropouts but I requested them to set it lower since the noise margin figure actually dropped to below 2dB for one set of line stats readouts from my router yesterday evening. I'd rather sacrifice a bit of speed in exchange for a more stable line.

Tracy, PM also sent.

rang t support. Line set now to 10MB. They didn't see any dropouts but I requested them to set it lower since the noise margin figure actually dropped to below 2dB for one set of line stats readouts from my router yesterday evening. I'd rather sacrifice a bit of speed in exchange for a more stable line.

Ok Mr Cumulonimbus

Yes that I would chose a more stable line myself to be honest. Thanks for getting back to us.

Al

After checking my online account and it's saying I now have a 30GB usage allowance. I thought there would be an unlimited allowance with this Up to 24MB package when its €50pm? I was paying €50pm for NGB Regular (unlimited allowance).

Also in the current products it doesn't show what package I'm currently on. Before it used to show 'Next Generation Regular'.

Can somebody check this? Thanks.

Rang Eircom about half an hour ago and the agent said I'm on the Up to 24MB unlimited allowance package. Strange though that my online account continues to show a 30GB usage cap, also the usage meter is indicating the same. Can someone confirm I am indeed on the unlimited allowance package? Thanks.

Also there's no indication of what package I'm on in the 'current products' section.

EDIT: just checked the online version of my bill (number 13, dated 15 July) and it says I'm on the Advanced Unlimited BB package, so I'm guessing the error is with the online account and usage meter not updating to the correct package details yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Rang Eircom about half an hour ago and the agent said I'm on the Up to 24MB unlimited allowance package. Strange though that my online account continues to show a 30GB usage cap, also the usage meter is indicating the same. Can someone confirm I am indeed on the unlimited allowance package? Thanks.

Also there's no indication of what package I'm on in the 'current products' section.

EDIT: just checked the online version of my bill (number 13, dated 15 July) and it says I'm on the Advanced Unlimited BB package, so I'm guessing the error is with the online account and usage meter not updating to the correct package details yet?

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

I can assure you after the package re-grade was issued you are on the Unlimited usage. It is an issue with the online ('my eircom') usage meter. We are working on it. The next bill will state unlimited usage.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Just after checking my line stats, they are as follows:

DSL Mode: G.DMT
    Speed: 8160 kbps/512 kbps
    Line Attenuation (Down/Up): 44 dB/23 dB
    DSL Noise Margin: 10.5 dB/21 dB

I notice the DSL mode is no longer ADSL2+, also the line appears to have been set to 8MB.

I thought the line was set to 10MB? (see post #37, 19 July).

Rang Technical Support just now and the person said I am on a package called "Advanced Low Unlimited" and the line is 8MB.
    Never heard of this package before. It's not on the Eircom website anywhere.

You can leave the line at 8MB. Thanks.

EDIT 23 July: just to let you know I got a letter from Eircom (dated 16 July) this morning re order number 4866503CH. The order status is listed as completed (17 July) on my online account. The letter refers to a broadband product called 'Advanced High 30G.'

I'm guessing the '30G' is the reason why I am seeing the 30GB usage limit in my online account as well as the usage meter?

FURTHER EDIT: Rang Eircom just now. An order for a product called 'Advanced Unlimited' was placed (one of you guys?) on 22 July. Order number is 4905649CH. This was probably the product that the tech support person referred to yesterday evening. This order isn't visible in my online account yet though, just the old one (4866503CH) repeated twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

I would not deal with Eircom as you are dealing with them.If You will send me a telephone number I will check what speed You can get.
    PS. I'm nor working for Eircom.

Hi SoarerThere is an existing port issue at your exchange which technicians are to resolve. I will be in touch with you as soon as I have feedback from them and equally I shall touch base with you later when I have had contact on them to get an update of the progress made.Really sorry about this delay SoarerAl
     We still in the same boat Al?

Just after checking my line stats, they are as follows:

DSL Mode: G.DMT
    Speed: 8160 kbps/512 kbps
    Line Attenuation (Down/Up): 44 dB/23 dB
    DSL Noise Margin: 10.5 dB/21 dB

I notice the DSL mode is no longer ADSL2+, also the line appears to have been set to 8MB.

I thought the line was set to 10MB? (see post #37, 19 July).

Rang Technical Support just now and the person said I am on a package called "Advanced Low Unlimited" and the line is 8MB.
    Never heard of this package before. It's not on the Eircom website anywhere.

You can leave the line at 8MB. Thanks.

EDIT 23 July: just to let you know I got a letter from Eircom (dated 16 July) this morning re order number 4866503CH. The order status is listed as completed (17 July) on my online account. The letter refers to a broadband product called 'Advanced High 30G.'

I'm guessing the '30G' is the reason why I am seeing the 30GB usage limit in my online account as well as the usage meter?

FURTHER EDIT: Rang Eircom just now. An order for a product called 'Advanced Unlimited' was placed (one of you guys?) on 22 July. Order number is 4905649CH. This was probably the product that the tech support person referred to yesterday evening. This order isn't visible in my online account yet though, just the old one (4866503CH) repeated twice.

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

I can confirm that you are on the Unlimited usage package. There is an issue where in some cases the online usage 'my eircom'.

However I can guarantee you are on the unlimited usage.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mr CumulonimbusI can confirm that you are on the Unlimited usage package. There is an issue where in some cases the online usage 'my eircom'.However I can guarantee you are on the unlimited usage.Thanks, Mark

Thanks for that Mark.

However it seems the line speed was set downwards again to 8MB in the last couple of days. No problem with that. It's fine at that speed, no need to change it.

Thanks for that Mark.

However it seems the line speed was set downwards again to 8MB in the last couple of days. No problem with that. It's fine at that speed, no need to change it.

No problem Mr Cumulonimbus

I will leave the download profile as is.

Mark

Any luck on my side of things?

Soarer wrote: »
    Any luck on my side of things?

Hi Soarer

If you want to send on a DM with your issue please. Sorry we are having some issues with our case management system at the moment.

Thanks, Mark

Hi guys, just wondering when are you going to fix the errors still showing in my online account?

Current products is still not showing what broadband package I am on.  The usage meter is still indicating I have a 30GB allowance.

Also the downloaded usage meter has not provided any data after 19 July and is also showing me on a 30GB allowance.

Also can you give me more info about order number 4905649CH completed on 22 July. Thanks.

Hi guys, just wondering when are you going to fix the errors still showing in my online account?Current products is still not showing what broadband package I am on. The usage meter is still indicating I have a 30GB allowance.Also the downloaded usage meter has not provided any data after 19 July and is also showing me on a 30GB allowance.Also can you give me more info about order number 4905649CH completed on 22 July. Thanks.
    Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

I'm afraid there is an error with this. We are aware of it and working on fixing it.

Your package has been changed to an unlimited package.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

Hi guys, just wondering when are you going to fix the errors still showing in my online account?Current products is still not showing what broadband package I am on. The usage meter is still indicating I have a 30GB allowance.Also the downloaded usage meter has not provided any data after 19 July and is also showing me on a 30GB allowance.Also can you give me more info about order number 4905649CH completed on 22 July. Thanks.
    Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

I'm afraid there is an error with this. We are aware of it and working on fixing it.

Thanks

Tracey
    Any update on when the usage meter will be fixed? The one in my account and also the downloaded meter is still showing me with a 30GB limit.

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

Thanks

Tracey
    Any update on when the usage meter will be fixed? The one in my account and also the downloaded meter is still showing me with a 30GB limit.

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

I'm afraid there isn't an update on this as of yet. We'll keep you updated if we get any further information.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

Your package has been changed to an unlimited package.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

I'm afraid there isn't an update on this as of yet. We'll keep you updated if we get any further information.

Thanks

Tracey
    Guys, is this ever going to be fixed? The downloaded usage meter is still showing me on a 30 GB cap as is the information when I login to My Account. I know when my bill arrives its says I am on an umlimited package, so why the different info here?

The reason I am bringing this up again is a new thead here where a customer says he is on a unlimited BB package but got billed for excess usage. (currently I am below 30 GB in usage for this month).

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

Your package has been changed to an unlimited package.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Mr Cumulonimbus,

Thanks

Tracey
    Guys, is this ever going to be fixed? The downloaded usage meter is still showing me on a 30 GB cap as is the information when I login to My Account. I know when my bill arrives its says I am on an umlimited package, so why the different info here?

The reason I am bringing this up again is a new thead here where a customer says he is on a unlimited BB package but got billed for excess usage. (currently I am below 30 GB in usage for this month).
    Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

I understand this can cause concern for you but the fact remains as previously advised that you do not have an unlimited download alowance.

I apologies for the inconvenience created by the inacuurate information displayed by the 'my eircom' service however I'm unable to answer 'why' this has not been resolved yet but I would like to assure you that we are actively passing on feedback on this to operations.

As soon as we have received an update to this I will let you know

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

Typical, this is a reason why Eircom is loosing customers.

Received my printed bill in the post today (dated 18 November). Logged in and saw the online version was there as well, however I didn't get a notification email as usual informing me that it was available to view.

Plus the following is still unresolved:
    The downloaded usage meter is still showing me on a 30 GB cap.

I know I am on an unlimited package ('Broadband Advanced Unlimited' according to my bill).

Also there is no info available at all now when you login to 'My Account' to view download/upload stats, just a greyed out section with a message stating: 'sorry we have no usage information available for your account'. Has been like this for a while now. Image attached.

Received my printed bill in the post today (dated 18 November). Logged in and saw the online version was there as well, however I didn't get a notification email as usual informing me that it was available to view.

Plus the following is still unresolved:
    The downloaded usage meter is still showing me on a 30 GB cap.

I know I am on an unlimited package ('Broadband Advanced Unlimited' according to my bill).

Also there is no info available at all now when you login to 'My Account' to view download/upload stats, just a greyed out section with a message stating: 'sorry we have no usage information available for your account'. Has been like this for a while now. Image attached.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

Hope all is well, I can confirm that there are issues with the usage meter through the 'my eircom' service.

I have had confirmation that this issue has been identified and they are hoping to have this resolved soon. In the meantime the following link will bring you to a page where located to the right hand side you will see an area called "your broadband stats": http://bit.ly/17MltSc You need to enter your account number and telephone number to gain access to usage.

I can also confirm that there are also issues surrounding 'my eircom' displaying the proper usage limit however I see that you do indeed have an unlimited download allowance.

Thank you

Al[/font]

Logged into My Account again this evening and noticed that the broadband product I'm on is now being displayed (Broadband Advanced Unlimited) but it's still showing a usage cap of 30GB. Image supplied.

Logged into My Account again this evening and noticed that the broadband product I'm on is now being displayed (Broadband Advanced Unlimited) but it's still showing a usage cap of 30GB. Image supplied.
    Hi Mr Cumulonimbus

We have been pushing the online team to amend the online checker since the package changes to "up to 24". However I can confirm your usage is unlimited as shown on your bill.

Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement