Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Fibre BB: Lost order details.....

Options
  • 27-06-2013 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi All,
    Just wondering if anyone has the same experience. In Mid May, I had the Eircom Salesman around asking did i want to sign up for the new Fibre BB rollout here in Letterkenny. I signed up the next evening to a package for 40 Euro a month for unlimited and the Phone Service. the contract Im sure was for 12 Months. Im not sure if it was Anytime phone or weekend package.

Signed up and was told it wouldnt be long to switch BB providers. So I got the tex to say I was moved to eircom phone and rang them last week enquiring why still no word on my Fibre BB. The guy couldnt get details on my order and said he would ring back next day. No one rang.

Rang again few days later, same thing. their system was down and someone would ring me the next day. No-one called.

Rang yesterday, still no resolution and was given a direct number to ring today so I called and they have no details on my order even though they were able to switch me and send me a bill for 78 Euro including Connection charges?? so what details did they have on me if they have no order details. 

They are now saying the unlimited package is 45 Euro and will rise to 50 Euro after 6 months and that it was an 18 month contract. I was told last week by the Eircom rep that the salesmen have the ability to offer the 40 Euro package yet they are not allowed. Today when i said this, the rep told me no they can offer same packages but are saying its 45 per month and will rise to 50 and couldnt have been 40.

I can swear on my life that it was a 40 Euro package with speeds up to 70MB that I signed to as I am currently on an unlimited download 40 Euro package with Smart and wouldnt have changed otherwise.

I said I would ring them back later now but just wondering has anyone had the same experience.

I tried ringing the actual Eircom Salesman and the phone rings out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

poldenais wrote: »
    Hi All,Just wondering if anyone has the same experience. In Mid May, I had the Eircom Salesman around asking did i want to sign up for the new Fibre BB rollout here in Letterkenny. I signed up the next evening to a package for 40 Euro a month for unlimited and the Phone Service. the contract Im sure was for 12 Months. Im not sure if it was Anytime phone or weekend package.Signed up and was told it wouldnt be long to switch BB providers. So I got the tex to say I was moved to eircom phone and rang them last week enquiring why still no word on my Fibre BB. The guy couldnt get details on my order and said he would ring back next day. No one rang.Rang again few days later, same thing. their system was down and someone would ring me the next day. No-one called.Rang yesterday, still no resolution and was given a direct number to ring today so I called and they have no details on my order even though they were able to switch me and send me a bill for 78 Euro including Connection charges?? so what details did they have on me if they have no order details. They are now saying the unlimited package is 45 Euro and will rise to 50 Euro after 6 months and that it was an 18 month contract. I was told last week by the Eircom rep that the salesmen have the ability to offer the 40 Euro package yet they are not allowed. Today when i said this, the rep told me no they can offer same packages but are saying its 45 per month and will rise to 50 and couldnt have been 40.I can swear on my life that it was a 40 Euro package with speeds up to 70MB that I signed to as I am currently on an unlimited download 40 Euro package with Smart and wouldnt have changed otherwise.I said I would ring them back later now but just wondering has anyone had the same experience.I tried ringing the actual Eircom Salesman and the phone rings out
    Hi poldenais

I'm sorry to hear about this, unfortunately we do not offer up to 70mb speeds for €40 per month. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 30 poldenais

Hi poldenais

I'm sorry to hear about this, unfortunately we do not offer up to 70mb speeds for €40 per month. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Al
    HI Alan,
    It was either 40 or 45 Euro..Im trying to check my old emails to make sure and it was definitely no more than that and there was definitely no condition about it rising to 50 Euro after 6 months from the Eircom Salesperson at the door. It was speeds up to 70MBps, I know this varies but it was an unlimited package.

Its sounding to me like its a case of sign up, get transferred, and then oh we lost your order details, what was it again and by the way do you know the cost is now 50 after 6 months.

Thanks

HI Alan,
    It was either 40 or 45 Euro..Im trying to check my old emails to make sure and it was definitely no more than that and there was definitely no condition about it rising to 50 Euro after 6 months from the Eircom Salesperson at the door. It was speeds up to 70MBps, I know this varies but it was an unlimited package.

Its sounding to me like its a case of sign up, get transferred, and then oh we lost your order details, what was it again and by the way do you know the cost is now 50 after 6 months.

Thanks
    Hi poldenais

I wish to lodge a complaint regarding this issue please contact eicom complaints on 1800200481.

Apologies for this inconvenience

Al

Hi poldenais

I wish to lodge a complaint regarding this issue please contact eicom complaints on 1800200481.

Apologies for this inconvenience

Al
    Thanks Alan, I will. Also my phone line just stopped working this morning out of the blue. Broadband is still ok. I PM'd you my details. Thanks

Thanks Alan, I will. Also my phone line just stopped working this morning out of the blue. Broadband is still ok. I PM'd you my details. Thanks

Hi poldenais

I've replied to your DM. I'm unable to log a line fault from here.

Apologies

Al

• Advertisement

Hi poldenais

I've replied to your DM. I'm unable to log a line fault from here.

Apologies

Al
    Hey Alan, sorry I should have replied. I logged one there now after ringing the complaints dept so they will look at the line issue. thanks

Hey Alan, sorry I should have replied. I logged one there now after ringing the complaints dept so they will look at the line issue. thanks
    Thanks poldenais

Al

Advertisement