Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminder-Where to look?

Options
  • 27-06-2013 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

I'm starting a course in September and will need my daughter collected from play-school and minded twice a week for four hours each day.

I have no idea how much this should cost or where to look for a childminder who could do the above.

I should probably mention the play-school can't do it as all the kids are off the premises between 12:15 and 13:30

Any websites with this information?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I think your best bet might be another mother who would collect your child after playschool with their own child.
    Could you ask another mother or maybe playschool teacher for names of any one who might be interested ?
    Other way would be ad in local paper or shop notice boards .
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Lisha wrote: »
    I think your best bet might be another mother who would collect your child after playschool with their own child.
    Could you ask another mother or maybe playschool teacher for names of any one who might be interested ?
    Other way would be ad in local paper or shop notice boards .
    Best of luck
    Great idea. My wife recently gave up work and has had a few requests to do the school runs and after school child minding from neighbours. Don't be embarrassed to ask...could just work out!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Contact childminding Ireland.
    www.childminding.ie and they will give you a list of registered insured childminders in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭battleaxe88

Thanks for the replies. Childminding.ie looks like it'll give me all the info I need so thanks again for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

There is a child minding forum on www.schooldays.ie where they post ad's

• Advertisement
Advertisement