Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to attract buyers online?

Options
  • 27-06-2013 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

HI,
    I am running an online shop. It is new, so it is a little hard to attract buyers comparing with those old brand shop. Are there any good ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lostinspace

Athena002 wrote: »
    HI,
    I am running an online shop. It is new, so it is a little hard to attract buyers comparing with those old brand shop. Are there any good ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

it's a little hard to tell without know what you're selling and who your target market it. Also, it depends on your budget is. If you have no budget at all then you just need to give it your time and effort.

It seems like you're not attracting many visitors to the website. First things first, make sure that you have Google analytics set up so at least you can see how many are coming into your website. Once you get them to your website you need to ensure that they can find what they're looking for easily and with as little navigation as possible.

Ensure you you use the Google Keyword Tool to see what people are searching for. You need to start creating content on the website in order to attract people to the website, if you haven't done so already. Start blogging if you aren't already. You won't reap the benefits in the short term but will see the advantages eventually. Blog about what people are searching for, not what you think they're searching for.

Get links from other high profile websites back to your own. Start guest blogging on other 'complimentary' websites and drive traffic to your site that way. Get as much free PR as possible. Get yourself a listing as start up of the day on the Business Post website. That will drive traffic. Use social media, use linkedIn, set up a referral scheme and incentivise others to bring you customers.

There was a teenager from Mayo set up an online shop selling kitchen utensils a few years ago and I remember him being interviewed on every radio station talking about his new website. All free publicity. He was proactive.

Having a website and expecting people to come to it and buy through it, without doing anything, is fantasy stuff. I'm not suggesting that this is what you're doing. But you need to be proactive. You don't need to spend a fortune doing these things. A lot of it can be done for free. Time is the only cost to you.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Athena002

Thank you soooo much. I will be patient and try to figure out these things step by step. Quite appreciate your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

• Registered Users Posts: 5 roberta21

Hi there,

it's a little hard to tell without know what you're selling and who your target market it. Also, it depends on your budget is. If you have no budget at all then you just need to give it your time and effort.

It seems like you're not attracting many visitors to the website. First things first, make sure that you have Google analytics set up so at least you can see how many are coming into your website. Once you get them to your website you need to ensure that they can find what they're looking for easily and with as little navigation as possible.

Ensure you you use the Google Keyword Tool to see what people are searching for. You need to start creating content on the website in order to attract people to the website, if you haven't done so already. Start blogging if you aren't already. You won't reap the benefits in the short term but will see the advantages eventually. Blog about what people are searching for, not what you think they're searching for.

Get links from other high profile websites back to your own. Start guest blogging on other 'complimentary' websites and drive traffic to your site that way. Get as much free PR as possible. Get yourself a listing as start up of the day on the Business Post website. That will drive traffic. Use social media, use linkedIn, set up a referral scheme and incentivise others to bring you customers.

There was a teenager from Mayo set up an online shop selling kitchen utensils a few years ago and I remember him being interviewed on every radio station talking about his new website. All free publicity. He was proactive.

Having a website and expecting people to come to it and buy through it, without doing anything, is fantasy stuff. I'm not suggesting that this is what you're doing. But you need to be proactive. You don't need to spend a fortune doing these things. A lot of it can be done for free. Time is the only cost to you.

Best of luck.

The above is excellent advice-SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a big requirement for any new/existing site-it is something which is a continual process in order to keep your site consistently ranking. Further,search engine submissions, back-links, Facebook,twitter,YouTube,Pinterest,Google plus etc will definitely help when it comes to having your site crawled. There are truly so many options which are completely FREE,that with perseverance and patience you can master!!!!! Alternatively,you can hire in people to write and submit articles,post on your social media,create back-links etc.

But as advised above,definitely get Google Analytics up and running and it will shed so much insight into which mediums are working best and ultimately inform you where the traffic is being driven from,to your site,the duration spent on your site etc.

The very best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MyBusinez.com

Hi Athena002,
    SEO is all well and good. But there is no point in getting 200 people per day on your website if they are only window shopping and you are not converting those visitors into sales. I have 16 years in web development and online marketing and I have seen people spend thousands on their websites and make a loss. I have also seen people spend thousands on their website and make over €100,000 per year. It is all about having a conversion plan, researching why people are/ are not buying and giving visitors/ customers a reason to come back.

You need to come up with a good plan to actually convert visitors into sales. You could have 200 visitors per day and 5 sales per day OR you could have 25 visitors per day and 20 sales per day. Which is better? Once you have a conversion plan that works, then you can start on the SEO campaign. In my view buying customers are better than just having hundreds of visitors on the site bouncing off somewhere else and not buying. There is no point in spending on SEO if it is a waste of your money. You need to put effort in at the start and create a website conversion plan that works.

As someone else mentioned above website analytics software (such as Google Analtyics) is very important to get to know what your visitors are doing on your website and work out how to convince them to buy from you.

I have some clients who have never used any SEO on their sites yet they are still ranking in Google and still selling over €100,000 per year. Google will pick you up eventually. If you are selling and getting good reviews you have a much better chance of making money.

The more you put into your website, the more you will get out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 rep man

consider the power of youtube. Videos are now SEO searchable. Since Youtube is owned by Google, this would seem like a good step forward. you could create a youtube channel or have a video as part of a blog. As someone said above, back linking is also a good way of driving traffic.

• Site Banned Posts: 6 Nearuhere

Hi there,

Best of luck.[/QUOTE

learned a lot, this reply is really profesional and helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kaloshma

The best way to attract buyers online in this age is through offering discount and affiliate marketing.

If you offer discount on you product or service and you can find you way to deal related directories and list your service. This will obviously appear in the mail of shopper who might have subscribed for deals from that section.

With discount also your SEO and ppc ads get more conversion rate than you promoting the service alone.
    I mean everybody love less for more, it like free money.

Advertisement