Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat poo?

• 27-06-2013 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

We've just moved into a new house. Our neighbours have cats and we regularly see them in our garden. I have found poo three times, on the grass not in the flowerbeds. (Could be there but I only notice on the grass). I haven't seen any dogs and unless they were very small they couldn't get in. I'm wondering if it is cat poo as I didn't think they pooed on the grass like that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Hi yes it is cat poo my 2 neighbours have about 8 cats between them and our garden and shrub area is destroyed by cat poo ... I have seen them sh!t directly onto my grass many times ... Disgusting and annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahv

Oh no, you're joking. Don't fancy years of cleaning up poo, it's right in front of the kids' swings today. Have you tried doing anything to keep the cats away. I've heard of people putting bottles and things near their flowerbeds but you can hardly throw them all over your garden...

A good thing that I bought for the cats was a battery powered cat deterrent sensor like this from B&Q...

catwatch_ultrasonic_cat_repellent.jpg

It worked great on the cats however it also affected my childrens ears so I had to return it ... Give it a try though and see if your kids detect it or not!

Other than that anything I tried was useless bar chasing the cats or cleaning it up

I even rang Fingal Co.Co. to complain and they told me that cats were considered wild animals and therefore owners/council were not responsible for there actions!

Do you know there poo is very dangerous to children ... google it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

You could try a motion sensor water sprinkler or lions poo pellets from Amazon.

What a pain! Might try that cat deterrent thing. I'd be worried using pellets with the kids running around. How did you know that the cat deterent machine was annoying your children, my two are toddlers I'm wondering would they know what was bothering them or just start avoiding the garden! I'm 6 months pregnant so knew that cat poo was dangerous for me but didnt realise so dangerous for kids... Did you ever talk to your neighbours about it?

• Advertisement

Also how can the owners not be responsible, if they are cats owned by someone then they aren't wild are they? If there was a dog pooing in your garden the owner would be responsible. Why do people have to pick up dogs poo but not cats!? I've seen a few different cats so not sure which neighbours own them yet ..

That's apparently the law with the cats its defo what I was told from Fingal as for talking to the neighbours I was told "not much I can do about it apart from not having cats"

My kids were older and I had one for the front aswell as the back garden and they told me (without knowing that I had bought them) that there ears had a ringing in them anytime they came to the front door!

I suppose you could remove it from the back garden when your kids go out to play its only stuck in on a little spike

That might be a good idea. Good luck with your cats too!

Advertisement