Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys UK October/November Tour

Options
  • 27-06-2013 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

They just announced the dates today

October/November

22 October -Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
    23 - Manchester Arena
    25 - London Earls Court
    28 - Liverpool Arena
    29 - Cardiff Arena
    31 - Birmingham Arena
    1 - November- Glasgow Hydro
    2 - Sheffield Arena

Tickets go on sale 9 am Friday

Any chance of any Irish gigs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Probably not after EP, they skipped us last time as well.

Fingers crossed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

nm wrote: »
    Probably not after EP, they skipped us last time as well.

Fingers crossed though.

Yeah like with QOTSA after Download we always have to wait longer for a date over here

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The Strpyes are supporting

The Strpyes are supporting

Could they support the AM's for the Irish tour or get a different support act?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭weser777

Believe it or not, I emailed Grizzly Bear on facebook last year, as I seen they had no Irish date announced..to my surprise, I got a response, and they basically said that because of contract regulations, with them signed to Electric Picnic last year, the could not announce a headliner here until well after, but they would be here soon - they're playing the Iveagh Gardens next month much to my delight, -

I'd well expect the same with Arctic Monkeys, especially if the Strypes are supporting them..

• Advertisement

weser777 wrote: »
    Believe it or not, I emailed Grizzly Bear on facebook last year, as I seen they had no Irish date announced..to my surprise, I got a response, and they basically said that because of contract regulations, with them signed to Electric Picnic last year, the could not announce a headliner here until well after, but they would be here soon - they're playing the Iveagh Gardens next month much to my delight, -

I'd well expect the same with Arctic Monkeys, especially if the Strypes are supporting them..

Dont count on it . They didnt announce an arena date after they played Oxegen in 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dazziola

Dont count on it . They didnt announce an arena date after they played Oxegen in 2011

True that, but they haven't played an arena date here since November 2009 which is nearly 4 years ago. Surely they'll see sense and have a show here other than EP (which I'm going to anyway). Just got to wait until after EP to find out I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Looks like they skipped us again. B*stards.

nm wrote: »
    Looks like they skipped us again. B*stards.

After their set at EP i would'nt be in a rush too see them again imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I was hoping they might announce something, anything...looking unlikely now. Balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Problem123456

What a shame :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

After their set at EP i would'nt be in a rush too see them again imo

What was wrong with the EP set ? I haven't listened to anything else on my Ipod since then, I'm a huge fan anyways so maybe I'm biased :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I enjoyed their set at EP, but I doubt they'll play here until next year.

threein99 wrote: »
    What was wrong with the EP set ? I haven't listened to anything else on my Ipod since then, I'm a huge fan anyways so maybe I'm biased :D

The main thing could have been the fact that Franz Ferdinand were on before them and was no hope of topping there set(which was my fav of the weekend) . I dont no i just felt it dragged for some reason and i hate Turners stupid wannable american 50's character

I'm hoping they'll play at PP or T Vital they are rumored for reading so hopefully we may get a summer show for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

eldest200 wrote: »
    I'm hoping they'll play at PP or T Vital they are rumored for reading so hopefully we may get a summer show for next year

whats PP?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Hammer91

Still hoping for an Irish date for Arctic Monkeys! Seen um three times and there gig at EP was by far the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Hammer91 wrote: »
    whats PP?

Phoenix Park

Advertisement