Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

small container for salad dressing to bring to work

Options
  • 27-06-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    im looking for a small container to make my own salad dressings and bring with me to work. I currently use a little tub that was part of a salad container (it slotted into the lid) but it leaks everywhere if not kept upright!
    seen this yoke when I googled...would love something similar if can be got here in the shops?
    http://www.amazon.com/Evriholder-Dressing-Salad-Container-2-ounce/dp/B0076PNQNU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Might be a bit off the wall, but would a kinder egg work?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

baby food jars.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

A small jar would definitely be much better and wouldn't spill. As someone pointed out before, in Lidl, Aldi or Tesco you can buy jam etc in little jars for 50c or less. Cheaper than buying an empty jar or tub.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The small Glenillen yoghurt pots are very handy for stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

I use small bottles designed for bringing small amounts of shampoo etc on airplanes. You can get packs of empty ones in Boots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I reuse small mustard jars or the Glenillen yogurt jars. Wrap it in cling film if you think there might be leakage.

I use small bottles designed for bringing small amounts of shampoo etc on airplanes. You can get packs of empty ones in Boots.

I use these too! the ones from Penneys are super cheap and come three a pack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The little jars you get marmalade and jam in in hotels are ideal for dressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Pixie001

Home store and more are selling sets of 4 little containers specifically for salad dressings. I didn't take notice of the price unfortunately. I just checked their website there and I see that they have another salad dressing container for €4!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I know this may sound gross but pop into a pharmacy and buy a specimen container. These are sterile and should be leak proof as they a re used in Doctor's surgeries to send specimens to the labs in the hospitals. Should only be a few cents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

spurious wrote: »
    The little jars you get marmalade and jam in in hotels are ideal for dressing.

I bought a little Bonne Mamam jam in Supervalu last December for this reason, the jars are slightly bigger than the usual mini jams - think it cost me about 60c and I'm still using it today.

4701541181_dea052bc78_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The tapered sides on the bonne maman style jars makes them easier to clean, both mini & big. You can also freeze stuff and only have to let if defrost a little and the stuff pops out due to the taper. You can run it under a tap to defrost.

You might want to pop it into a bowl before microwaving so its handy.

Be careful not to scratch the lids or they will rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Cheers guys for all the suggestions. picked up a packet of tescos version of actimel and their doing the job for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭sandy_c

Advertisement