Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Done with Chapters Bookstore!!!

Options
  • 27-06-2013 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Thats it, i'm never buying anything from Chapters again. Not unless they get rid of those damn security tags anyway.
    They stick them on everything now and its impossible to get them off without damaging the book.
    I even tried asking them instore to remove the security tags and they basically told me to go f*ck myself.
    They were a little politer about it but they absolutely refused to take their tags off my book, and why? because they know aswell as i do that its impossible to get those damn things off without damage.

So screw it, as much as i like Chapters, no more i say. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

wreade1872 wrote: »
    Thats it, i'm never buying anything from Chapters again. Not unless they get rid of those damn security tags anyway.
    They stick them on everything now and its impossible to get them off without damaging the book.
    I even tried asking them instore to remove the security tags and they basically told me to go f*ck myself.
    They were a little politer about it but they absolutely refused to take their tags off my book, and why? because they know aswell as i do that its impossible to get those damn things off without damage.

So screw it, as much as i like Chapters, no more i say. :mad:

I cant stand the place. I'm a HF man these days. Can't beat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Yeah, the security tags are annoying. I would still use Chapters for their cheap bargains (as the security tags wouldn't annoy me with them) but with gifts/more expensive books/things I want to keep, not a hope.

I guess for them it's a choice between tagging their books permanently or having their books going walking and loose tags in a little bundle around some blind corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Javajunkie

Yeah! I hate how difficult those tags make it to shoplift. I'll take my business elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Evan93

wreade1872 wrote: »

Exact same thing happened to me. Ended up removing the god damned thing myself on one of the books which ended up damaging it. As much as I love getting a great bargain the tag is bloody irritating, even moreso when the staff are pretty much uncooperative!

Advertisement