Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a dog

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mentalist101

That's good that you reported it but I think she will just move on to another site:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

This is the little guy :)

Looks a little younger than 8 weeks old to me.
    I'd be inclined to try him on some boiled rice or pasta & chicken breast until you source some good food for him & then slowly change him over to the new dog food.
    Remember a puppy that young will need 4 small meals a day & leave out the milk & just give water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

lrushe wrote: »
    Looks a little younger than 8 weeks old to me.
    I'd be inclined to try him on some boiled rice or pasta & chicken breast until you source some good food for him & then slowly change him over to the new dog food.
    Remember a puppy that young will need 4 small meals a day & leave out the milk & just give water.

Do you think hes younger than the 8 weeks? I was wondering myself as his belly is big even though hes so small. I'll try the chicken and rice tomorrow and see how he takes to it. I'm really worried about him now:(

Here's what done deal emailed me back. absolutely useless

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting us, my name is Amy I work with the website DoneDeal.
    Sorry to hear that you have had this experience from this user, I would recommend that you contact the Gardai if you feel this user is falesy advertising,we will of course assist them in their investigation.
    Please let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
    Amy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

This thread is annoying. There was 2 pages of advice saying dont buy the puppy and she bought the puppy. And the puppy wasn't as advertised, surprise surprise.

Irishgirl19, you are now the owner of a beautiful JRT puppy, and he is gorgeous. Go buy a few books on dog ownership, read them and educate yourself on caring for your dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

Big belly usually means worms OP, so go get him a worming dose as soon as you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Do you think hes younger than the 8 weeks? I was wondering myself as his belly is big even though hes so small. I'll try the chicken and rice tomorrow and see how he takes to it. I'm really worried about him now:(

From what I can make out from your pics I'd be surprised if he was much older than 6 weeks, most bad breeders get rid about this age as the less time they have the pups the less they cost them.
    I'd say his belly is big because he needs worming, your vet can do that.
    Hopefully this will be a lesson to others about buying a pup on a whim off a website but I fear not!!

Rommie wrote: »
    Big belly usually means worms OP, so go get him a worming dose as soon as you can.

Thanks ill get some in the shop in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Kukey

You are better off getting wormers from the Vets,they have better quality ones than the Petshop.
    Ask them to clip his nails as well when you are there as they look very long and sharp.
    He is gorgeous,best of luck with him.:)

Kukey wrote: »
    You are better off getting wormers from the Vets,they have better quality ones than the Petshop.
    Ask them to clip his nails as well when you are there as they look very long and sharp.
    He is gorgeous,best of luck with him.:)
    Will the ones from the shop cover him until Wednesday because im bringing him to the mobile clinic then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

No OP, he needs a veterinary prescribed wormer as none of the shop bought ones can be given to a pup so young. I agree with the others, he looks about six weeks (if even) so I definitely wouldn't be giving him anything unless from a vet

• Advertisement

Rommie wrote: »
    No OP, he needs a veterinary prescribed wormer as none of the shop bought ones can be given to a pup so young. I agree with the others, he looks about six weeks (if even) so I definitely wouldn't be giving him anything unless from a vet

Im going to bring him to another blue cross tomorrow just cause im worried about him so hopefully they will sort him out. They should be able to tell me a rough age. Even if I was offered a girl now I wouldn't give him back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Good gods, OP; you were warned and advised not to and you went and did it anyway. Tell me that at the very least you got a record of vaccinations rather than the breeder just telling you they'd been done.

Good luck with the pup, I hope you don't have problems with him.

kylith wrote: »
    Good gods, OP; you were warned and advised not to and you went and did it anyway. Tell me that at the very least you got a record of vaccinations rather than the breeder just telling you they'd been done.

Good luck with the pup, I hope you don't have problems with him.

Im bringing him to get his needles tomorrow.he seems healthy enough,very energetic and playful, except he needs to be wormed and possibly he could have fleas

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

OP, are you absolutely certain that it's a willie your pup has?!:o
    I know, I know, sounds like a stoopid thing to say, but I have met rather a few owners who mistook their pup's female genitalia for male, and I do think it a little odd that the breeder, hooky and all as she doubtless was, would continue to call her a "her" without catching herself out?
    The female genitals are right up in the crotch between the two hind legs, and can't be seen unless the pup is turned upside-down, whilst the male bits are visible when the pup is walking around, positioned almost on his tummy.
    If you've any doubts, perhaps post a pic of the pup's tummy til we have a goosey :o

This might help:
    http://rehabbersden.org/images/Neonate%20care%20-%20puppies/Sexing%20puppies.jpg

DBB wrote: »
    OP, are you absolutely certain that it's a willie your pup has?!:o
    I know, I know, sounds like a stoopid thing to say, but I have met rather a few owners who mistook their pup's female genitalia for male, and I do think it a little odd that the breeder, hooky and all as she doubtless was, would continue to call her a "her" without catching herself out?
    The female genitals are right up in the crotch between the two hind legs, and can't be seen unless the pup is turned upside-down, whilst the male bits are visible when the pup is walking around, positioned almost on his tummy.
    If you've any doubts, perhaps post a pic of the pup's tummy til we have a goosey :o

This might help:
    http://rehabbersden.org/images/Neonate%20care%20-%20puppies/Sexing%20puppies.jpg

Im no expert but I think it looks like a boys.it has a little thing thats hairy. I wasnt sure but my sister seen a video of him and said its definitely a boy

Im no expert but I think it looks like a boys.it has a little thing thats hairy. I wasnt sure but my sister seen a video of him and said its definitely a boy

I'm sorry, I hope I'm not making you feel foolish or anything here, that's not my intention at all! :o
    Females have a little hairy thing too, you see! It's the position of it that differentiates them at a quick glance. Did you manage to look at the pic I linked to? It shows where the female's little hairy thing is, and where the male's is :p

DBB wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I hope I'm not making you feel foolish or anything here, that's not my intention at all! :o
    Females have a little hairy thing too, you see! It's the position of it that differentiates them at a quick glance. Did you manage to look at the pic I linked to? It shows where the female's little hairy thing is, and where the male's is :p

It does have a little stumpy thing but it is close to her bum? Tbh I wouldn't have a clue. I thought it looked like a boys at first but wasn't sure but my sister and my mam definitely think its a boy

If it's near the bum, you've got a girl :o

Any chance of a photo, of him/her lying on his/her back, or you holding him/her up to expose his/her underside? Marley could turn out to be.. Marlene? :D

Advertisement