If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIONEER BOARDIE DEALS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

Hi John,

Can you put me down for this Pioneer. Do you deliver to Cork? I'll PM my details to you and you can let me know how to proceed with payment.

Thanks

PIONEER VSX-S500 NETWORK Slimline AV Receiver
    Was £499.95 - Few Brand NEW Boxed to clear at £199.95 / €249.99

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

dunleas wrote: »
    Hi John,

Can you put me down for this Pioneer. Do you deliver to Cork? I'll PM my details to you and you can let me know how to proceed with payment.

Thanks

Hi Dunleas.

No problem at all.
    John is in and out of the office today so if you want to drop the PM to myself I can have you looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Digilink

Can you put me down for Pioneer below and delivery to Dublin.  Will PM my details to you for payment details.

Digilink wrote: »
    Can you put me down for Pioneer below and delivery to Dublin.  Will PM my details to you for payment details.

Replied :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ace18

Hi,

I'm thinking of replacing an old Sony amp STR-DB930 which has served me very well over the years connected to a pair of Tannoy Revolution R3s floorstands & RC centre speaker with a Tannoy M-SuB10 active subwoofer all of which I will be keeping, the surrounds are nothing special in a fairly large living room. In the interests of being eco friendly (& budget friendly) etc would the Pioneer (VSX-S500) be a suitable replacement (given the Sonys age) or is the energy saving going to sacrifice sound quality here? The specs on paper look very good but reviews are very thin on the ground for my query.
    Can you help please?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ace18 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm thinking of replacing an old Sony amp STR-DB930 which has served me very well over the years connected to a pair of Tannoy Revolution R3s floorstands & RC centre speaker with a Tannoy M-SuB10 active subwoofer all of which I will be keeping, the surrounds are nothing special in a fairly large living room. In the interests of being eco friendly (& budget friendly) etc would the Pioneer (VSX-S500) be a suitable replacement (given the Sonys age) or is the energy saving going to sacrifice sound quality here? The specs on paper look very good but reviews are very thin on the ground for my query.
    Can you help please?
    In a sentence..

..the Pioneer will walk all over the B930 ( which to be fair wasn't a bad amp in its day!), but don't forget that the surround will only be as good as your rear speakers and today a 5.1 receiver will treat the surrounds exactly the same as the front channels so if the rear speakers are dodgy I'd advise a rear upgrade - even something like the Tannoy mercury V'1s at £119.95 but if it was me I'd probably go for the Monitor Audio BXFX which I would do with the S500 at £349.95 delivered ( the BXFX are £230 on their own!)

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/bronze-bx/bxfx/

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 23 xen0phon

Guys here are a few Pioneer bits 'n Pieces that we would like to clear prior to stock-take, happy to let them go at bonkers prices..

PIONEER SC-2022 AV RECEIVER - Was £899.95 - NOW £499.95 / €599.99
    http://www.homecinemachoice.com/news/article/pioneer-sc-2022-review/14328
    Really top spec AV Receiver - Full featured - Brand new & Boxed, Airplay, 170Watts per Channel!!

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/42/98/405/VSX-S500/page.html

Pioneer BCS-SB626 2.1 Soundbar including Blu-Ray, Wi-Fi
    Was £399.95 - I have a few that I will clear at Half-Price - £199.95 / €239.99
    http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/42/100/42/BCS-SB626/page.html

Pioneer BDP-LX70 Blu-Ray, Ex Demo - Esoteric, beautifully built, a really nice machine!
    Was £799.95 - Now £179.95 / €219.99
    http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/archive/BDP-LX70/page.html#mainFeatures

Pioneer BDP-LX71 Blu-Ray, Ex Demo - Esoteric, beautifully built, a really nice machine!
    Was £599.95 - Now £199.95 / €239.99
    http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Pioneer-BDP-LX71/

Pioneer HTP-071 - 5.1 AV Receiver including Speakers
    Was £299.95 - Last demo unit left to clear at £179.95 / €219.99
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/pioneer/htp071/pion-htp071

Pioneer XW-SMA1 - Airplay Stereo Speaker with Built in Wifi
    Was £199.95 - Boardie Special £99.95/ €119.99
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/ipod-iphone-speakers-docks/pioneer/xw-sma1/pion-xw-sma1
    At the heart of the Pioneer XW-SMA1 unit is a near unrivalled ability to stream from just about any source possible! If you've an Apple iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad or newer Mac then you can access your complete iTunes library via AirPlay. Alternatively, if you've a suitable HTC device then you can stream music wirelessly by HTC Connect. Other options include linking up to your home wi-fi system and streaming music from any laptop, PC or NAS drive that's part of the DLNA enabled loop. Should you prefer a wired connection, then the XW-SMA1 will oblige with Ethernet LAN, USB and analogue AUX inputs (3.5mm)

Pioneer XW-SMA3 - Airplay Stereo Speaker with Built in Wifi / PORTABLE WITH RECHARGABLE BATTERY / 2 * 20 Watts - SOUNDS AMAZING! Brand new boxed.
    http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/42/202/227/XW-SMA3-K/page.html
    Was £299.95 - Boardie Special £149.95/ €179.99

As ever if you are interested in any of these deals just drop us a PM or a mail with your contact details to sales@richersounds.ie and one of the guys will give you a shout to arrange delivery,

Thanks and as ever please drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John
    Mc & Crew
    Hi there,

Is the VSX-s500 still available?

Thanks!

xen0phon wrote: »
    Hi there,

Is the VSX-s500 still available?

Thanks!
    Hi Xen0phon.

We have a few still left.

Drop me a PM if you would like one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ace18

In a sentence..

..the Pioneer will walk all over the B930 ( which to be fair wasn't a bad amp in its day!), but don't forget that the surround will only be as good as your rear speakers and today a 5.1 receiver will treat the surrounds exactly the same as the front channels so if the rear speakers are dodgy I'd advise a rear upgrade - even something like the Tannoy mercury V'1s at £119.95 but if it was me I'd probably go for the Monitor Audio BXFX which I would do with the S500 at £349.95 delivered ( the BXFX are £230 on their own!)

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/bronze-bx/bxfx/

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi, 

That sounds good. Will hold of on new surrounds as music is the main focus. I might also be interested in the Pioneer 2022 you have for myself (the above is for Dad!). I currently have an Onkyo TX-SR876 with MS Declaration THX speaker package & recently bought a 3D tv. Would the Pioneer 2022 be a good change for me (like my Dad I'm wanting to be eco also so I wont be looking at Onkyo!). I have an issue with the pricing though, the 2022 is listed elsewhere in the forum at £399 & now its £499. If I were interested in both & can pay in sterling & arrange collection what is the bottom line for the 2 please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

ace18 wrote: »
    Hi, 

That sounds good. Will hold of on new surrounds as music is the main focus. I might also be interested in the Pioneer 2022 you have for myself (the above is for Dad!). I currently have an Onkyo TX-SR876 with MS Declaration THX speaker package & recently bought a 3D tv. Would the Pioneer 2022 be a good change for me (like my Dad I'm wanting to be eco also so I wont be looking at Onkyo!). I have an issue with the pricing though, the 2022 is listed elsewhere in the forum at £399 & now its £499. If I were interested in both & can pay in sterling & arrange collection what is the bottom line for the 2 please
    Hi again.

I did a little search for the 2022 at £399.95 and couldn't locate it but as you are buying to from us, we'll do the 2 receivers at £614.89 for the 2 including delivery.

We also offer the 5 year warranty on the VSX500 at £19.95 and £39.95 on the 2022. This covers all parts and labour and can be refunded if not used up to one month after the warranty ends. If it doesn't go faulty, it need not cost you a penny.

We also have a wide selection of cables available and boardies get a discount on those too !

Please let us know if you would like to proceed. You can call us on 0044 333 9000070 and select option 2 or you can PM us a contact number for you and we can call you for details.

Many thanks

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hi John,

Can you confirm that the latest firmware for the BCS-SB626 has alleviated the issues with going into standby after 4-6 hrs and not remmebering the last source? thanks

Hi Sweetie, have looked into this and had a chat with Pioneer.

I can't find the issue with the 4-6 standby problem but the latest version of the firmware has rectified the problem with the last input.

Hope this helps.

ATB

Dave

If you check the pioneer product page and amazon reviews quite a few people mention the system tends to go to standby inadvertently after 4-6 hrs in the middle of watching something. I would hope the firmware sorted this too.
    Have you still got stock of this and whats the best price for a regular customer like me :)?

sweetie wrote: »
    If you check the pioneer product page and amazon reviews quite a few people mention the system tends to go to standby inadvertently after 4-6 hrs in the middle of watching something. I would hope the firmware sorted this too.
    Have you still got stock of this and whats the best price for a regular customer like me ?
    Dear Sweetie,

we have had no reports of the stand by issue - however I can see on the Pioneer page that there are comments that it switches off after exactly 6 hours okay.

There was a software update issued on the 24th April but I cannot tell you if it addresses this - to be  fair 6 hours is long enough to watch any movie and but I appreciate it would be frustrating having to power up the unit once every night.

On the other hand it's a really great product for under £200 - and there really is nothing like it with an Amp / Blu-Ray and sound bar with Wi-Fi, HDMI switching and iPod docking....

We only literally have a couple left one demo unit and one brand new boxed unit,

We cant go any cheaper than £199.95 unfortunately - otherwise we'd have to pack all our shirts in the box as well...

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

ok John, thanks - i'll take the boxed unit please!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Hi John,

Just a question about the Pioneer HTP-071 - 5.1 AV Receiver including Speakers, if you still have it.

I'm fairly new to this, can I plug a Xbox 360, Sky box, and say a PC, into to this, for 5.1 surround?

Hi John,

Just a question about the Pioneer HTP-071 - 5.1 AV Receiver including Speakers, if you still have it.

I'm fairly new to this, can I plug a Xbox 360, Sky box, and say a PC, into to this, for 5.1 surround?
    Yep - it has 4 HDMI inputs ( as well as a host of other inputs ) on the PC, it depends on what outputs it has but I'm 100% confident that it will allow your PC to connect as well but if you want to check which outputs it has I'll check and come revert so we are 110% sure!

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Cheers John.  

I see in the spec page, PC input not supported, but surely if I'm using HDMI output on the PC, it should work?

If I picked up a turntable, could I run it through this as well?

What kind of delivery are we looking at, to Cavan?

I've got €200 notes coming back to me, today hopefully, so this is looking juicy.

Cheers John.  

I see in the spec page, PC input not supported, but surely if I'm using HDMI output on the PC, it should work?

If I picked up a turntable, could I run it through this as well?

What kind of delivery are we looking at, to Cavan?

I've got €200 notes coming back to me, today hopefully, so this is looking juicy.
    If you have an enabled HDMI out on your PC then it will work no problem, but it does not have a turntable input - however some turntables do have built in pre-amps which will allow you to plug the into an analogue input no problem - alternatively again it will def work if you get a Phono 'Step-up' transformer which plugs in between your turntable and the HTP-071,

Thanks again and keep us all posted,
    John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

It looks like I'm good to go for the HTP-071.

What way do we go from here?

• Advertisement

Hi John,

It looks like I'm good to go for the HTP-071.

What way do we go from here?
    Hi Sofiztikated, if you can give us a call on 0044 333 900 0070 and select option 2 or drop us a contact number and we'll give you a call for details.

Whichever suits you best.

ATB

Dave

Nice one Dave, didn't see this until after what would have been closing time, so I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Sof.

Ordered yesterday, received today.

Great service, very easy to deal with, polite and professional staff (both on here and on the phone), great price.

My only problem is that I've mismeasure where I was going to put it, and the receiver doesn't fit!  So I guess I'm spending today rearranging everything!  :D

Nice one guys, is there anywhere I can post some feedback for you?  And I'll be recommending you to anyone that'll listen, be they in my house, work, or if I have to stop random people on the street!

My gear arrived too. As usual great price, communications and well packaged and at least when the weather breaks I'll have my new toy to play with! Thanks again guys!

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words :D

Hope you both enjoy your new toys.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Is the SC-2022 still available?

Hi Altheus.

We are down to our last display one of these.

It's a serious piece of kit at this sort of price.

Please let me know if you are interested and we'll give you a bell to get things rolling.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Any of the VSX-S500 left?

Stokolan wrote: »
    Any of the VSX-S500 left?
    I've one last display unit left that I'll clear at £179.95 / €219.99

Drop us a PM or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie if you would like to grab it!

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pioneer SC-2022 still available?[/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.