Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fog lights STolen off of my car: Popes Quay

Options
  • 27-06-2013 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Some total **** stole the fog lights off my car last night on popes Quay in Cork City!! Its a grey 2004 BMW E46. I know its almost impossible to catch who did it but if anybody has advice or sees some **** selling fog lights for a e46 let me know. Thanks for the help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

arseholes, probably wanted them to replace their own.. Just on the cutie there aswell for all van owners, there is a group of lads going around taken the dash's and all that goes out of transits lately and some other part by the exhaust cant think of the name of it but be weary

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Milly33 wrote: »
    ..and some other part by the exhaust cant think of the name of it but be weary

Cutting out the catalytic converter, a 'thing' which is huge in the UK. Joe Duffy covered a show (.mp3 link) on it. People doing it at the likes of the Omni Park Shopping Centre (Santry, Dublin), in broad daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Sorry to hear that, seems there is some scum still going around.

somebody tried to steal my car a few months ago (popes quay too), never leaving my car there again....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I had the glass in my wing mirrors stolen a few weeks back. Same model car as the OP. BMW charged €90 per mirror to replace them :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeadlyH83

Hogzy wrote: »
    I had the glass in my wing mirrors stolen a few weeks back. Same model car as the OP. BMW charged €90 per mirror to replace them :mad::mad::mad:

There is a bunch of 17-19 year old tramps going around Douglas/ballinlough punching every car wing mirror they see and only laugh at the guards I'll end up in prison over it not them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 outofsyncc

Thanks for the replies. Seems Popes Quay is not a safe place to park dispite a Garda station being within sight across the river. Im from out of town. Any recomendations on where to get replacement parts and a safe place to park in the City center. Thanks again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

DeadlyH83 wrote: »
    There is a bunch of 17-19 year old tramps going around Douglas/ballinlough punching every car wing mirror they see and only laugh at the guards I'll end up in prison over it not them
    ya my car got done in by them a few weeks back they got caught in all but theres fcuk all happening they laughed in my face when I reported them

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spokesman

mean gene wrote: »
    ya my car got done in by them a few weeks back they got caught in all but theres fcuk all happening they laughed in my face when I reported them

There are always a few hoodie types drinking in the garden type place next to the church and other guys are regularly moved in the mornings from begging outside the church.

Per Mirror. Jesus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Sorry to hear that op, I walk along popes quay every morning and evening and there are often cars damaged along there, one lovely alfa gt seems to get an awful doing, roof dented in a few weeks ago no doubt from someone jumping on it.

I park close by on sundays well road, it's not a whole lot safer but might be worth a shot, less scumbags, maybe too far a walk for you.

I also have an e46 so will be keeping an eye out.

• Advertisement

Ill try park there. Noticed last night they also cracked the underside on the left of my front bumper while they were robing my fog lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

i had the same problem when fitting mine

Advertisement