Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any irish teachers moving to dubai this august?!

Options
  • 27-06-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi,

I am a primary school teacher and am taking a career break to head to Dubai this summer. I heard great things about Dubai and everyone seems to be having a ball over there! I got a job in Raffles International School and will be living in discovery gardens, jebel ali. I am really nervous as will be moving over there on my own! Just wondering are there any other teachers in the same boat?! It would be great to exchange numbers or even become friends on facebook, could organize a get together in August, ahhh it wont be long coming now:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 shandon1990

hey, im moving in august too, not to teach, but to practice as a therapist in an autistic center and pretty much in the same boat, not too sure of my accommodation name yet as only got the job this week so all that info is still to come....

hey, im moving in august too, not to teach but to practice as a therapist working with autistic children and im pretty much in the same boat! not too sure of my accommodation yet as only got the job this week so all that info is to follow shortly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eimearoconnell

aw brill congrats on getting the job:D Im flying on monday the 19th of august I think, very scared but excited all the same!! anyways if you want to exchange numbers or facebook pages let me know:D

Ya add me on Facebook , Shandon Sugrue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gina_teacher

Hi there,
    I'm new to this thread and am rather desperate for some information regarding interviews... I am an Irish teacher and will be finished my teaching qualification in May 2014. I have an interview with Raffles World Academy this Monday (two days time eeek!). I have previous experience in the UAE as I worked there before my teaching qualification (with sabis). I am really hoping to get the job, does anyone have experience with Raffles? Any ideas what they could ask? Anything at all would be so greatly appreciated! There are going to be a panel of four people conductng the interview through Skype so it sounds quite intense! Eimear Oconnell perhaps you could shed some light on this?? Or anybody at all :) Thank you so much!

• Advertisement
Advertisement