Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central bank

Options
  • 27-06-2013 5:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19

Anyone got any idea of what's going down at Central bank at the moment?? Rumors on Facebook of mass protests but not nearby to see if its just a storm in a tea cup or not

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Whatever it was, its moved to Saturday

https://www.facebook.com/events/533615406699478/?ref=3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

So they gathered to make plans to gather again. Inspiring....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Edgard

Well if it got more people interested in going for Saturday it was worthwhile no??

I'd go if I was in Dublin but I'd say it will end up a flop with people moaning but doing nothing as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭Mech1

Edgard wrote: »
    Well if it got more people interested in going for Saturday it was worthwhile no??

I'd go if I was in Dublin but I'd say it will end up a flop with people moaning but doing nothing as per usual.

So what would be your ideas, as regards doing "something"?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

From the posts I've seen it appears that they are underhandedly attempting to get regular people involved in what may be a Black Bloc protest. That's not something you'd want to be bringing your kids along to.

• Advertisement

Mech1 wrote: »
    So what would be your ideas, as regards doing "something"?

Why did you put something in quotation marks??

I don't know to be honest but if they got the numbers do you not think a mass protest would be a good start??

From the posts I've seen it appears that they are underhandedly attempting to get regular people involved in what may be a Black Bloc protest. That's not something you'd want to be bringing your kids along to.

Any examples??

"start" expects finish, what sort of "finish" would suit you?

Don't be bothered with my quotation marks, it works for me.

"start" expects finish, what sort of "finish" would suit you?

Don't be bothered with my quotation marks, it works for me.

Arrests being made.

Whats your opinion on the whole thing?

Any examples??
    I've seen three of them here in Bern in the past few years. Two got nasty.

• Advertisement

Arrests of who? on a Saturday?

I haven't yet got a solid opinion, hence the questions.

I've seen three of them here in Bern in the past few years. Two got nasty.

Is Black bloc an organisation or is it just a group of people that have come together to do a "back bloc" protest??

The latter. A quick Google will give you all the info you need.

Arrests of who? on a Saturday?

I haven't yet got a solid opinion, hence the questions.

Click on the link.

Sorry I forgot the Gardai take Saturdays off.

nah, couldnt be bothered its likely just a bunch of hippies and tree huggers looking for attention.

nah, couldnt be bothered its likely just a bunch of hippies and tree huggers looking for attention.

But you seem to care for my opinion. Thanks.

No I don't care for your opinion, I just was wondering what it was, I still dont know.

Mech1 - Enough of the insulting generalizations.

tHB

No I don't care for your opinion, I just was wondering what it was, I still dont know.

Yet you asked for it and wondering but weren't bothered clicking the link LOL makes sense. I don't even know what the whole thing is myself hence why I started the thread to see if anyone knew anything.

Yet you asked for it and wondering but weren't bothered clicking the link LOL makes sense. I don't even know what the whole thing is myself hence why I started the thread to see if anyone knew anything.

Oh right then, sorry I cant help you there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Ah go fukc yourself would you. The sad thing is that half the country really does think like you (I'm guessing you'll be voting Fianna Fail next time round regardless). Of course we should be out on the street to show our discontent with the situation. Not that it will change much but the important thing is for the public to show how pissed off they are in the slim chance that it might make a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Koptain Liverpool, please be civil and do not attack another poster in future.

They didn't make it to Central Bank in the end... but we had a sitdown on O'Connell Bridge which was entertaining enough. I heard word a few of the protesters held up the Gay Pride march then by not letting the Labour crowd pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

They didn't make it to Central Bank in the end... but we had a sitdown on O'Connell Bridge which was entertaining enough. I heard word a few of the protesters held up the Gay Pride march then by not letting the Labour crowd pass.

It's stupidity like that which negatively impacts on any cause. Why did they feel the need to impact on another groups scheduled event? Certainly a great way of furthering their support.

Advertisement